𝐢.

"𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙮 𝙬𝙖𝙮, 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙚?" i fumed into the radio of my car as I tried to pass Max for the 5th time.

"𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙘𝙪𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙅𝙪𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙃𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙩𝙤𝙣 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪," my engineer replied calmly. This is ridiculous! I have clearly better pace and this is my home race.
I'm not letting him take my home race.

I ignored my engineer's instructions and tried to overtake Max on the nearest corner from the inside.

This time successfully and I couldn't care less about what my engineer and Christian would say about this. I'm bringing this home.

I have 8 more laps of constant defending of my position from Max's attacks who clearly can't be satisfied with P2.

"𝙅𝙪𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙣 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙈𝙖𝙭 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨." I hear Christian's voice coming from my radio.
"𝙁𝙪𝙘𝙠 𝙣𝙤, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙚," I argue switching off my radio.
They are going to be absolutely furious but I'm not interested in whatever they have to say about this right now.

I finally pass the chequered flag followed by a loud cheer. This is what I'm talking about! This was a good race, it would be better if I didn't have to argue about letting me pass Max but whatever. He is the team's sweetheart after all, so what else should I expect?

Now I should just enjoy my moment until it lasts. I wave at the crowd before driving to the Parc Fermé.

I park my car in front of the P1 sign and take off the steering wheel and get up to stand on my seat and put the steering wheel back on before jumping on the top of my car's monocoque and throwing my hands in the air in celebration.

I first went to get weighed and then immediately ran and jumped into the arms of my mechanics as they hugged me and patted me on my back and helmet. I was thrilled to win my home race in Austria.

And not just mine but Redbull's as well.

I took off my helmet and balaclava and went to put them on a stand standing nearby.

"Congrats on P1 Julien," Hamilton congratulated me as we hugged and pat each others backs. "Congrats on P3 Lewis."

I could see an annoyed and mad Max walking inside the garage probably about to throw a tantrum like he always does.

I congratulated some more of my friends until I was pulled into the post-race podium interview asking the usual questions.

"𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙋𝟭 𝙅𝙪𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙣, 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙯𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚," the brunette reporter said with enthusiasm. "𝙬𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙤 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩?"

"𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙝, 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙙." I tried to say as politely as possible without calling my engineer and Christian a pain in the ass.

I mean, I love them and I love redbull with all my heart but sometimes they get on my nerves especially when they are putting me as their 2nd driver.