Years

2007

I graduated 3 years ago. And I haven't seen much of my brother. Mainly because  Avenged got signed to a record label awhile ago now, but also because after Rebecca and I graduated, we also got a record deal.

Velvet was finally going somewhere. We weren't really playing big arenas or anything yet,  we didn't know it at the time, but the record deal we were signed to, fucking sucked. I kept telling myself, 'Everyone's gotta start somewhere'.

Because the band got a record deal, we moved away, to LA. And because we were playing shows basically every fucking night, without barely any free time, we couldn't really travel down to Huntington Beach, even though it wasn't that far away, about 52 minutes.

Personal lives. Issac and Sarah had a baby. Right before we graduated actually. People kept giving them shit for being teen parents but hell, what Issac and Sarah got, is real as fuck. They'd make it. They had a daughter and named her Carson, Carson Abigail Calloway.

Why they gave her my name, I will never understand. But, they are married now, they got married two years ago. I'm glad they're happy.

As for Kate, Rebecca, Cassie, Allison, Josh, and myself though. Kate was still single, and she was fine with  that. At the time she always said that boys and relationships would of just held her back from the band. I could sort of get where she's coming from...ie, Luke.

Cassie had developed a strange dating history and hookup habit, and it started when she slept with Zack two days before Avenged Sevenfold made it big. You want who you want I guess.

But now she was dating Summer. We all like Summer. Cassie met her at a Blink-182 concert a few months ago. She fit right into the group.

Now Allison. She was in a relationship now too. She was dating a guy she met at Hot Topic when they both reached for the same Pantera shirt.

Rebecca was in a relationship as well. Every single one of our friends hated him. He was a douche bag and a fucking dick, but Rebecca wouldn't listen to us.

Now onto my love life...and Josh's. It all started at that fucking diner. A fuck ton happened at the stupid diner 7 years ago. Between my friends pushing Josh and I to sit together, my brother and his fucking friends, watching my band play, then fucking Brian, kissing me the way he did.

Now, the last time I saw Brian, was the night he kissed me. Josh and I had gotten together about a year or two after that whole night of a cluster fuck, well a cluster fuck minus the performance that Velvet Tomorrow had that night.

It was memorable for sure.

Josh and I lived together in LA. All of us lived in LA, well all of us except for Issac, Sarah, and of course Carson. They lived in Huntington.

I loved Josh I did, but every so often I found myself thinking about Brian. Hated myself for it but I did. I was currently home alone, about to head to hours and hours of band practice.

Josh was leaving work right about now.  I left a note for him on the fridge and left.

"Hey Abby." Kate said with a smile as I entered the building. "Hey." I said with a smile back. "Guys, I think my guitar strap is broken." Allison frowned. I walked over to where we had extra picks and stuff like that and handed her a new one.

"Should we start?" I asked them. They all nodded. We were playing and playing well, probably the best. We were halfway through our practice.

whoaaahhhhhhh

I was in the middle of belting out a scream when the instruments abruptly stopped and I got the memo to do the same when Cassie tapped me on the shoulder.

It was our band manager and a few police officers. "Okay, so who fucking did something?" Rebecca asked us girls. "I have no fucking clue." I admitted, honestly.

"Abby." Our band manager said as he waved me over to the two police officers. I looked to the band confused and walked over there.

"Abigail Sanders?" One of them asked. I nodded, confused. "Yeah, that's me." I said, still having no fucking idea what was happening.

"Can we step out into the hall and talk to you?" The other officer asked. "Anything you gotta say, you can say in front of them." I said I nodded my head to the band.

They nodded. "At 4:45 P.M. today, there was a car accident...do you know a Josh Anderson?" One of the officer asked. My eyes went wide, fear rushing through me. "Y-yeah, I'm his girlfriend." I said with a shaky voice.

"You were listed as his emergency contact and I-I'm sorry." One of them said. "Sorry? Is he okay?" I asked. Neither one of them said anything for a few seconds.

"We're sorry for your loss." One of them finally said. The world stopped turning. "Are you okay?" Our band manger asked me. I looked to him and then everyone else. "I don't know."

The police officers left along with our and manager. I turned around, everyone was teary eyed and no longer okay. They all looked at me. Yeah, we were all friends with Josh and had been for a long fucking time, but he was my significant other.

Before I knew it, I had fell to my knees crying and Rebecca, Cassie, Allison, and Kate all out their shit down and ran over to me, joining me in the floor, also crying.

What the fuck I someone supposed to do when their fucking significant other dies? I sniffled. "I-I gotta call Josh's mom." I told them. The all nodded and walked out of the room.

I called his mom crying and when I told her she also broke down crying. I told her all the information I could and told her I'd be in Huntington soon.

I then hung up and walked back to the girls.

"...I think it's safe to say...safe to say band practice is over for today." I said through a sniffle.

"I'm-I'm driving to Hunt-Huntington tonight." I told them. They all nodded and hugged me, said they'd be there too. I then left and went back to Josh and I's apartment.

I looked at all his stuff and broke down in silent tears. I grabbed a bag and packed some stuff, about enough shit for a week or two.

I then locked the door and went to my car. I didn't get in it at first. I stood in front of it for a little bit. I want to go home. I sniffled and slowly walked to the drivers side and put my bag in the passenger seat.

Took me awhile, but I eventually started the car and started my way to Huntington.

Fuck L.A.

(A/N: Hey, uhmmm I didn't know how to like, wrote this chapter so I killed off a character, plz don't hate me :) happy reading)