A New Omega

"X, babe, stop overdoing it?" Y says softly, the Professor putting a small portion of the salmon on Y's plate.

"Hm? You call him X?" Mr. Xiao grins, chuckling. "X and Y. Will you name the baby Z?"

"Hmm, no, but a name that begins with Z might be cute. Now that you mention it sir." Y says smiling and chuckling at the Professor. "For now, we're just calling the baby, Poppy. It's roughly the size of a poppyseed." He shrugs, Mrs. Xiao making an aww sound and smiling.

"Reminds of when we found out your Mother was pregnant with you." Mr. Xiao says, smiling at his wife. "She was ten weeks along and the doctor said you were the size of a circus peanut. You know those orange marshmallow peanuts? Your Mother loved those things. Anyway, you were our Peanut."

"Really? That's so adorable." Y says, picking at the salmon cautiously. The Professor puts a spoonful of sauce on his plate and he dips the next bite in. "Ohhh, that is so good." He takes another bite, everyone chuckling.

"Sorry baby. You need to limit your seafood consumption." Professor X says, kissing his cheek. "Three to five ounces a week and no sushi or shellfish."

"Wait, no sushi? Sheesh kid. You better grow big and strong." Y pouts, Mrs. Xiao giggling across the table.

"Drink plenty of milk. If you don't get enough calcium, little Poppy will literally suck it from your teeth. Trust me." Mrs. Xiao rolls her eyes at her son. "These are veneers. Milk made me nauseous."

"Hm, babe, you literally owe your Mama a set of teeth." Y says, the Professor looking shocked.

"I never knew that. Mama, if you need new ones, please let me know." Professor X says, wiggling uncomfortably in his seat.

"Bah! It was worth it. Look how healthy and happy you are." Mrs. Xiao smiles, winking at him. "You just make sure my future son-in-law retains that beautiful smile, even after Poppy is born."

"Mn. I'm going to take such good care of them both. Forever." Professor X says, his parents both softening visibly.

"And I'll return the favor babe, for the rest of our lives." Y kisses him and groans, his stomach growling. "Ok, Poppy is still hungry." He glances at the Professor. "Can we have more lo mein?"

"Absolutely baby, babies." Professor X smiles, plating more lo mein for Y.

                                                                    *   *   *

   After what became a friendly and relaxed meal, the two couples have adjourned to the living room. Mr. Xiao whispers to his wife and she giggles, kissing his cheek and hurrying off.

"Hm, I enjoy a coffee after a nice meal. I suppose you can't have caffeine?" Mr. Xiao asks, looking at his son with a grin and then turning to Y. "How about a nice hot cocoa? It's such a chilly day. And my son should buy you a proper coat." He turns toward the kitchen, hearing Y laughing and the Professor groaning.

"I'm getting him a nice fleece liner. He loves that jacket." Professor X mumbles, Y snuggling close to him on the sofa.

"I love you more." Y says, kissing the Professor's neck, his hand sliding up the Professor's thigh.

"I found it!" Mrs. Xiao announces, clearing her throat as her son grumbles and Y pulls back slightly. "Oh dear. Still in the honeymoon phase. Oh, Y, look what I found!" She sits beside him on the sofa, grinning and opening a thick photo album.

"Oh my gosh! Babe, look how adorable you were." Y gushes, running a finger across the image of a laughing baby Professor.

"Mama!" Professor X starts to complain, but he sees the curiosity and adoration on Y's face and he crumbles. "Baby, I'm still adorable, right?"