Chapter-2 Smart boy.

"I make soap."

Oh.

"Wha." I mutter.

One eyebrow raised in a suspicous and confuse. Soap huh.

Cool.

The stranger moves to his pocket to offer me a small card.

I see the name and the number of his content.

"Dazai Osamu...?"

"Aha."

Dazai makes a noise of agreement as he softly nods, his hands resting in his skinny jeans pockets, the sunglasses are now lower on the nose of his bridge.

I softly look back at the card in my hands then back to Dazais calm and serious looking but cocky face, his eyes still looking around to see if the guards are still looking for me.

"We must go now or we will get caught."

I say that it catches Dazais interest that how i said the most obvious thing in the world like its a smart thing to say.

"Smart boy."

Dazai says as he softly nods, i can see the mockingness in his move and the amused small smirk creeping in his lips that he is trying to not laugh.

Before i can speak up. He does it first.

"Do you have a place to stay?"

Right.

I cant just go back to the asylum now, nor i want to. But yes.

"I have my condo."

.

..

...

Bam.

I close the taxi door as i get out of it, and dont waste a second to watch the taxi drive away.

I didnt tought he would just send me away this fast. Like you pull me out a mental hospital then fle me back to my condo, alone.

All alone.

I sigh but i dont acually have a choice. I walk to my condo. I feel lucky and well, smart to have the chance to lie about my adress and real name to the asylum workers so i can acually open a new page to my new life.

Thanks to the wierd bandeged -Dazai- man.

-

I walk up stairs.

The familiar stairs that i bet i spend my %0,89 time of my life here, going up the stairs to the way to my condo.

I open the door.

I step in.

So simple.

...

I already feel bored.

I go -back- in my room, get rid off the all white gross smelling hospital cloths off me. Then a take clean bath. Collect my dirties to trow them in the laundry.

As i carry the soft squishy white pants i had on me earlier, i feel the small piece of paper in the pockets, the card that Dazai gave me.

I will keep that.

-

Bam.

Morning.

I already looked up for interwievs for new jobs i can get and get my life back.

Boring ass life.

Watch?

Check.

Briefcase?

Check.

Cloths on?

Yes.

Keys?

Probly yes.

I excit the hause. Going down the stairs. And start to walk in the now mostly empty streets to the company that is looking for a new empleer.

One of the 9 other job interviews im gonna go to today.

And how do i want after all the same, boring, classic interviews?

I want to sleep.

What do i feel after 9 hours in day?

I feel tired.

I feel tired as i walk back to the way to my condo. Im sure i got my last job back. I dont know why i wanted that job again? The job that made me want to crawl myself in my skin?

Or did i even wanted that?

It doesnt matter anymores.

No it doesnt, becouse i see my apartment, my condo—

—and well, some firemans.

My boring, small, classic IKEA futheres torn apart and half burned on the streets front the building that was my oncr condo was. My stuff, all over the ground and i can see the angry flames coming out my condos livingroom window.

8th floor, my condo blown out.

"S-sir you can enter... P-police orders..."

A feel a nervous hand on my shoulder.

"Y-your Mr. Nakahara right? M-my name is A-Ango Sakaguchi a-and I am the manager of the fire department- im s-sorry for your place."

I cant listen.

This things happen everyday.

I feel my body taking small sure steps away from the man called Ango and my burning condo that is despreaidly trying to stop the fire burning out the windows by firemans and trucks.

Why is this man still talking?

"Do you have someone you can call?"

I suppose these things happen.

I ignore the man and walk more, how emberesting. All those times i had to spend time in the small white annoying office, doing nothing but just wasting time, making bare money and having to watch all those car crashes and corpes disturbingly dead in cars, the car company i worked with just to be a slave to IKEA and buy furnether i dont even need for them to get burned and blown out my condo.

I force my body to walk to the phone booth nearby, i close the glass door behind me, pick up the phone and dialege the number im looking at.

I dont know why im staring at the card that he gave me.

Why im dialeging Dazai Osamus phone number.

"Please try agai—"

I push the phone back in after hearing the robatic female boice coming from the phone. He didnt picked up. Or now should i call her n—

Ring.

Huh.

"Yes?"

I answer, i dont know why there is excitement and relive in my voice as i pick up the phone and when i hear his voice again.

"who is this?"

I hear chewing and cruncs from other line of the phone, asuming that he is eating chips.

Yummy.

"I-its me, the man earlier from yesterday that you took out of the aslyum."

I dont know why i stuttered.

"Oh. The smart boy."

____________________________

•Just to remind that this story is in the 1999s

•Also fun fact Dazais bandeges arent so out of the ordinary becouse in those years the gansgters were very around and so people with bruises, covered in bandeges werent something so rare to see.

•i think i like writing small fun facts under the parts.