Chapter 2: Itchy Armpit

Good reading!!

★     ★     ★

Y/n POV:

"Time to get up, sleepyhead! I feel Berk is very close!" As Coraline's cheerful voice filled my ears, I grunted and opened one eye, imitating her. "Berk, Berk, Berk."

I got up slowly, ignoring her knowing look at me. I stretched my body, especially my wings, and moved away from Coraline, who was walking towards me with my saddle already in her hand.

As soon as I woke up, I didn't want to fly to 'Berk'.

"Hey.. What's wrong, Y/n?" Since I knew Coraline wouldn't understand me, I didn't want to waste my breath, so I turned my back to her and started walking.

“Y/n- Where to!?” I kept walking, knowing that Coraline was following me with her saddle in her hand and her backpack on her back. I hummed with satisfaction when I soon saw the edge of a stream. I knelt down to hunt, my claws quickly gripping the fresh soil. I squinted my eyes and started waiting for my breakfast.

(I tried very hard to translate this paragraph. I hope I translated it properly...)

When I was finally fed, I cleaned my paws and walked over to Coraline, who was waiting for me on the other side of the stream. My backpack and saddle were a little further back.

"I'm sorry girl." Coraline began to gently move her hands around my head as I reached her. I looked at her curiously. "For what, Coral?"

"For we don't have a home. I'm so sorry, Y/n. for constantly changing locations and making you tired. It's just.. we worked so hard for this, I promise you that when we finally find Berk, you'll be free."

As Coraline's eyes filled with tears, I pushed my head a little closer to her.

"Don't worry Coral, Berk will find you."

I pushed her a little more with my head to get her away from the water's edge and moved to my saddle. Coraline came after me without much delay. She picked up my saddle and put it on me, then she put on her backpack and got on my back.

.

.

.

.

"Come on Y/n, come on! Faster!"

Letting out a wheezing breath, I passed between trees that were quite shallow together. There was no space yet where I could spread my wings and take off, so I continued running as hard as I could, but there was no end to it.

I growled as an arrow coming from behind missed me and got stuck in the trunk of one of the thin and tall trees. I couldn't just keep running, I knew I would soon run out of energy. I quickly looked around, the trees were so close to each other. There were no openings through which I could take off.

At that moment, a sound caught my attention. The sound of flowing water. There was a good chance it was a waterfall. So I quickly changed direction. Even though Coraline didn't understand what I was doing, she held onto my saddle tighter without questioning.

My legs were aching from running at full speed, but I didn't give up. The sound of flowing water was getting closer with each step I took. If the source of this sound was a waterfall, there would definitely be an opening where I could take off. Even if it wasn't, I'd have to blow up a few trees to fly.