Chapter 32 ♦ Rescue plan

Ray's POV

I still couldn't get rid of my frustration as I wasn't able to fall asleep for a whole night. Those mother-fuckers! Once I get them-!

My phone started vibrating. It was an unknown number.

"Who is it?"

"You are not even going to introduce yourself to a stranger?" That voice...

"How did you get my number?!"

"So you recognize me... Mew did. I have to talk to you about Sand..." Sand!

"Do you know something?!"

"Not yet, but perhaps you could help me. Do you have some clues?"

"I just found Sand's blood on the floor and looked for the fingerprints but couldn't find them. They had to have gloves but... my father spotted their registration number."

"You should have started with this! Tell me the number!"

"## #####"

"Okay. It won't be hard to find them. I don't think I have to go to your place now, I don't even want to."

"Keep it to yourself and find Sand!"

"Tss, you are lucky Mew asked me for that." He hung up and all I could do was to wait for his call.

I looked around one more time but couldn't find anything just a laptop lying on my bed. I browsed it and noticed Sand was looking for another part time job... I hate to see how much he stresses himself but I know he wouldn't accept my money... maybe I should see his mom but I can't make her worried. Gosh! I was pulling my hair.

The waiting was killing me and so... I needed to take something. Sand doesn't want me to take drugs and alcohol so I tried to just smoke... the stress was still there but I couldn't get high or drunk before Boeing would call me... Just be quick!

After I smoked two whole packs, he finally called me!

"Hey, I've got the address but... these people... we can't involve police in it. They could do something to Sand if they'd find out about us. We have to get there in secret."

"Are they that dangerous?"

"There's not much record on them, they are good at making it disappear. Anyways, I looked at the construction of the building. It has two floors and ground floor. Sand should be there but I don't know in which room... We'll have to risk it."

"Are you seriously going there with me?"

"Of course. You are dumb and aggressive. If you'd get killed, Mew would hate me." Jerk...

"Why do you care so much about him? You barely met him."

"The people I dated... were so stupid. Like Top for example. He didn't even notice that I changed his drugs, dumbass. But Mew is on a whole new level. Enough talking. Pick me up at Mew's place and take a car you don't use much or rather never." He hung up again and I stopped thinking about his intentions with Mew. Sand is my priority right now!

I went to the garage and found an old car which once belonged to my father. I'll have to pour gasoline into the empty tank and try to start it. It surprisingly worked but this car wasn't used for many years, if police caught me, it'd be a problem but they don't do their work anyways.

I drove to Mew's place and saw him smiling from ear to ear at Mew and waving at him.

"You are seriously disgusting."

"Oh, aren't you the same when you are with Sand? Sorry, my bad." He did it on purpose!

"Just get in and stop talking."