Chapter 5 ♦ Not a secret anymore

Sand's POV

I was startled when I woke up in a different bed with a hand around my waist but then I started to remember what happened... I quickly looked if I was fully clothed. Ray was as well so he didn't do me anything... He can't be that bad after all. Others would get advantage of this situation.

I didn't want to be rude and leave but I needed to prepare for my part time job. I left him a note with my telephone number and hoped he wouldn't be that mad. I can't miss this opportunity and I really need money for my family's debts. I'm already risking that I won't graduate from my college and now I've lost my second source of money. I could sell my kidney but that's too irresponsible.

I still came late to my work and my boss was really angry with me but just verbally warned me. I already have enough to do with dudes who come here just for cigarettes and have the need to take their anger at me.

"Oh Mew, can you wait here for me? I need to get something..." No. This is not happening.

Top, the guy I've never thought I'd have to see again, was just coming to me.

"Get out." I said before he would get even closer.

"Shouldn't your customer be your master?"

"I don't see a restaurant here. Get out till I'm in a great mood."

"Hey, I'm just here because of your boss. He left something for me here but I didn't catch him."

"He didn't inform me about anything so just get your stuff later. I don't want to talk to you anymore so just get out with your boyfriend."

"Hey, you don't have to be so rude. It's not my fault you can't keep anyone you want." I pressed my fists and had to hold my rage. It's not worth it. I need this job. I was telling myself.

"I'm sorry, sir, but it looks like we don't have what you are looking for. Please come again later." I faked a smile and he finally left with the middle finger pointed at me. When he put his hand down so his boyfriend wouldn't see, I pointed both of my middle fingers at him but he was already too far away. Bitch.

He was the most problematic person that came here. I was curious about the stuff he talked about and looked to the back room. There was some bag with Top's name on it.

"Pills? But wait... these aren't legal." So drugs. Talay, I'm glad you left this bastard behind. Though I feel bad about his new boyfriend.

I'm actually not surprised Top is coming to this area full of drug dealers and one of them has to be my boss. I don't want to be involved in his shady business but I can't afford to lose this job either. I just have to pray Ray can find me something that will let me leave this work.

During my break I looked at my phone if Ray didn't write me a message but instead of that I had a missed call from P'Yo and Mom.

"Mom, are you okay?" I called her first to make sure.

"I was just gonna ask you that, Sand! Your photo was in the newspaper I bought this morning!" My mind went blank.

"How... is that possible?"

"Oh Sand, please visit me after your work. I need to know you are okay. It looks like someone leaked your photo, baby but don't panic, okay? Your mom is by your side." I thought Ray managed to delete it... was that bastard that fast?!

"Sand, please respond! Just know your mom loves you in every situation! Don't do anything that would hurt me, can you promise me?"

"What? Yeah. I don't have time now, Mom, I'll visit you-." I hung up and leaned my back against the wall. I looked at the messages from P'Yo she sent after I didn't answer her call. She was giving me her support as well but with this worry I'm even more stressed what could happen that they think I'd commit a suicide.

Now I've received a call from Ray as well... just please don't worry as well...

"Sand, I found a good spot for you! I told you I won't let you get away! Wait... aren't you happy?" He saved me again.

"You didn't read the news?"

"Huh? No. I was too busy convincing your new boss. Let me look at it quickly... oh no. Sand! I promise I don't have fingers in it! That asshole Ton had to do it to get on me!"

"I believe you... only someone like Boston is happy seeing other people in despair... can I see you again tonight?"

"You know you quite offended me after you left me this morning but sure, I slept safe and sound thanks to you as well." I giggled. He managed to distract me from my dark thoughts.

"Don't be such a baby! I have to work unlike someone who is spending money for losers like me."

"Don't talk so lowly about yourself. I don't kiss losers."

"And who do you kiss?"

"Beautiful people up to my standards, you should be honored."

"Yeah to be one of thousand others."

"You flatter me but I'm not that old to have such a record. And don't worry about Boston anymore, I won't let him hurt you again." I smiled but saw an impatient customer from the corner.

"I have to hung up now. I'll come later then."

"Sure, babe, take your time." This guy... but surprisingly he makes my life easier to live in. He might have dragged Boston's ass to me but he'd find me even without him.

On the other side... I don't think he'd pay to me so much attention if I didn't know Ray. But people would eventually find out and the situation which happened so unexpectedly would happen sooner or later anyways. It was like this before but P'Yo protected me. I can't bother her anymore.