Ch 1

October 25, 1985

8:25 a.m.

Marty McFly had finally arrived at Doctor Emmett Brown's garage. Marty and Doc had been friends for a long time. Marty and his cousin, Annie Baines, had helped Doc in many of his experiments. Annie was the same age as Marty but a few months younger than him. She was about his height, brown hair, green eyes, wearing a short sleeved pink blouse, her mom's necklace, blue jeans, and white sneakers. Marty was a tad taller than her. Her father was Lorraine's brother, Robert. Marty had unlocked the garage, using the key under the rug. There were several clocks on the wall. Alongside of them were two newspaper clippings about the Brown mansion burning down. All of the equipment was on and the television was on.

The reporter started to say, "And the authorities are denying that there is a plutonium thief at the plant..."

That's when Marty called out for Doc, "Doc? Yo, Doc? Are you here?" Marty whistled, "Einstein, here boy!" Marty looked down and saw the split dog food. He grimaced, "I'm not cleaning that up..."

Marty decided to plug into the amplifier. He cranked everything up. Mary put on his shades, putting on his guitar around his neck. He took his silver pic out and played only one note. The amp short circuited and the blast knocked Marty into the bookcase. The papers fell on him and the teen looked out to assess the damage. That's when the guitarist noticed that the amp had been destroyed.

Marty commented, mostly to himself, "Rock on." Just then, the phone rang. Marty struggled to get out of the shambles but managed to answer it on the second ring. He answered, "Yo!"

On the other side was Doc, "Marty, is that you?"

Marty answered, "Yeah Doc, where have you been all week?"

Doc commented, "Working."

Marty seemed to have ignored that as he questioned, "Is Einstein with you?"

Doc replied, "Yeah, he's right here."

Marty told him, "Oh, Doc. You've left your equipment on all week."

Doc repeated, "My equipment?" That's when he remembered, "That reminds me, Marty. You better not plug into the amp because there is a slight possibility of overload."

Marty thought, a bit sore still, 'Now you tell me.' He replied to Doc, "I'll remember that, Doc."

Doc changed the subject, "Marty, I'm on the verge of a breakthrough and I'm going to need your and Annie's assistance. Can you two meet me at Twin Pines Mall at 1:15 a.m. tomorrow morning?"

Marty perked up, "1:15? Why the hell so early?"

Doc told him dismissively, "I'll explain later. Just don't forget!" Unexpectedly, all of the clocks started to go off. Doc yelled, "Are those my clocks I hear?"

Marty yelled, "Yeah, they all say 8 o'clock!"

Doc stated, "Perfect! My experiment worked! They are all twenty five minutes slow!"

Marty slowly realized what Doc was telling him, "Wait a minute, Doc! Are you telling me that it is 8:25?"

Doc confirmed, "Precisely!"

Marty cursed, "Damn! I'm late for school!"

With that, Marty hangs up on Doc and takes off. The guitarist decided to skateboard to school. It was faster that way.

...

Wishmaker1028: Finally bringing over the long awaited Cousin's in Time fanfictions! It's been a long time coming. Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!