Ch 12

Marty and Annie ran all the way to Lone Pine Mall. When they finally got there, it was now 1:34. That's when the cousins saw Doc being shot. Both Marty and Annie's faces fall. They are about to say something when...

"NO! Bastards!"

Marty and Annie both looked. They saw themselves down with the time machine. The Lybians shot at them. Marty and Annie went over to the other side of the sign and saw their other selves escape the Lybians. Marty and Annie went down the hill. They look up and see the De Lorean vanish in a brilliant flash of light. Marty and Annie ran over to Doc.

Marty cried out, "Doc!" The guitarist turned Doc over and saw that Doc was dead. Marty sobbed, "No."

Annie sobbed, "Please God no!"

The cousins turned around and they started to cry. Just then, Doc blinked and got up. Marty and Annie saw him out of the corners of their eyes.

Marty asked, "You're alive?"

Doc opens his radiation suit and shows them a bullet proof vest.

Annie breathed, "Bullet proof vest! How did you know?" Doc went for something in his pocket. She added, "We never got the chance to tell you!"

Doc gives them the letter and it is the letter they wrote back in 1955.

Marty questioned, "What about screwing up future events, the space-time continuum?"

Doc explained, smiling, "Well, I figured what the hell?"

Marty and Annie both hug him, with tears in their eyes.

...

A little later, they arrive at Annie's house. Doc had Einstein with him.

Marty asked, "So how far ahead are you going?"

Doc answered, "About thirty years. It's a nice round number."

Annie stated, "Look us up when you get there. We should be 47."

Doc promised, "You bet."

Marty warned, "Oh and watch that re-entry."

Annie nodded, "Yeah, it's a little bumpy."

Doc agreed, "You bet."

With that, Doc backs up and drives off. Three sonic booms occur and they head into the house.

...

Wishmaker1028: Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!