Ch 7

November 5, 1955

8:45 p.m.

Annie's POV

We got into Doc's Packard and drove off for the Lyon Estates development. Marty and I both grabbed flashlights.

Marty explained to Doc, "There is something wrong with the starter. So we hid it here."

Marty and I uncovered the De Lorean and Doc was in shock.

He said, rather slowly, "After I fell off of my toilet, I drew this."

He held out a paper and it was a drawing of the flux compotator.

I mumbled, "The flux compotator."

Marty opened the door and I flipped on the switch.

Doc saw that it was in perfect working order and said, happily, "It works! It works!" He grabbed the two of us and said, "I finally invented something that works!"

I responded, jokingly, "You can bet your ass it works."

Doc hung onto us and said, "Somehow, we've got to sneak this back to my lab. We've got to get you two back home!"

Somehow, we sneaked the De Lorean back to Doc's garage. Marty got the video recorder ready to show Doc what we videotaped. Actually, what Marty videotaped. I never get near video cameras. I would record your feet by accident. But show me an actual camera and I can shoot some decent snapshots of anything. Marty rewinds the tape to the specific spot before Doc was shot. I hated thinking that but maybe Marty and I could warn Doc about his fate.

Doc smiled and said, "That's me! Look at me! I'm an old man! But, what am I wearing?"

I answered, "Radiation suit."

Doc was a bit taken back and responded, "Radiation suit? Ah, probably from all those nuclear wars." He was also very impressed at the video equipment and said, "Amazing. No wonder your president is an actor. He's got to look good on television."

I shot Doc a look and Marty said, "Whoa, here it is, Doc."

The older Doc said, "This sucker is electrical and I need 1.21 gigawatts to create the reaction."

The younger Doc demanded, "What did I just say?"

Marty rewind the tape again and the older Doc repeated, "This sucker is electrical and I need 1.21 gigawatts to create the reaction."

The younger Doc stepped back, obviously surprised and said, "1.21 gigawatts? 1.21 gigawatts? Great Scott!"

With that, Doc ran back to the mansion with the two of us on his heels.

I asked, "Doc, what the hell is a gigawatt?"

We ran back into the mansion and we heard Doc saying, "Tom, how could I be so careless? A 1.21 gigawatt is impossible! It can't be done!"

Marty responded, "Don't sweat it, Doc. All we need is some plutonium."

I shook my head and said, "One problem with that plan. 1955 doesn't have a lot of plutonium."

Doc nodded in agreement and added, "Annie is right, Marty. I'm sorry you two but I'm afraid you're stuck here."

Marty's face fell as did mine. I didn't want to be stuck here in 1955!

Marty blurted out, "Doc, we can't be stuck here! We both got a life in 1985! I've got a band!"

Doc said, trying to be sympathetic, "I'm sorry but the only possibility of a 1.21 gigawatt is a bolt of lightning."

Wait, what?

I responded, with an idea forming in my head, "What did you say?"

Doc repeated, "A bolt of lightning. Unfortunately, you never know when or where one is bound to strike."

Marty got my train of thought and showed Doc the flier we got back in 1985 and responded, "We do now."

Doc snatched the flier out of Marty's hand. He read it and said, "This is it! It says here that a bolt of lightning will strike the clock tower on November 12, 1955 at 10:04 p.m. If we can somehow use this lightning, channel it into the flux compotator, it just might be enough. Next Saturday night, we'll send you two back to the future!"

Marty said, "Next Saturday is perfect. We can spend a week in 1955. You can show us around...."

Doc intervened on Marty's plans and responded, "That's seriously out of the question. Anything you two do will have serious reputations on future events. Do you understand?"

Ah, boy. 'Now you tell us, Doc,' I thought.

Marty said, lying through his teeth, "Uh, yeah Doc. We understand."

Doc shot Marty a look and asked, "Did you two interact with anyone else besides me?"

Marty responded, rather sheepish, "Uh, well. I might've ran into my parents."

I shot Marty a look and said, "Might've?"

Doc seemed rather worried and responded, "Great Scott! Let me see that picture of your brother again."

Marty did as he was told and gave it to Doc.

Doc held it up and added, "Just as I feared. This proves my theory. Take a look at your brother."

Marty and I both looked and Dave's head was gone.

Marty said, freaked out, "His head is gone."

I added, a bit freaked out myself, "It's like it has been erased."

Doc nodded and responded, "Erased from existence."

...

Wishmaker1028: Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!