Ch 8

November 7, 1955

8:15 a.m.

Marty's POV

We got to the high school. I pointed to the school and joked, "Looks brand new. They must've done a good job cleaning it."

Annie shot me a look and said, "Not the time for jokes, Marty."

Doc intervened and said, "Now, if my calculations are correct, you interfered with your parent's first meeting, that's why your brother is disappearing from that picture. Your sister will follow and unless you don't repair the damage, you'll be next."

I mumbled, "Aw, this is heavy."

Doc shot me a confused look and responded, "Weight has nothing to do with it."

Annie turned to Doc and said, "Actually, Doc. Marty's just saying that this is a lot to take in." She leaned into me and whispered, "You know as well as I do that Doc doesn't know a thing about '80's slang."

I nodded in agreement and we got into the school.

Doc looked at me, curiously and asked, "So, which one is your father?"

I pointed at my young dad and said, sadly, "Him."

Doc saw him and he was getting kicked in the ass because of a 'kick me' sign on his back. Annie rolled her eyes out of embarrassment.

Doc said, trying to make us both feel better, "Maybe you were adopted."

Just then, a voice caught my attention. Strickland came over to my younger father and started to call him a slacker.

Annie mumbled, "That's Strickland! Geese, didn't that guy have any hair?"

I shrugged and answered, "Apparently not."

Doc turned to us and said, "Get to it, you two."

Annie and I went over to my younger father. We both helped him pick up his stuff.

I said, "Hey, George. Do you remember me? The guy who saved your life?"

He nodded and answered, "Y-yeah."

Annie smiled and responded, "Well, George. There is someone we want you to meet."

We led him straight to my young mother, who was with some friends.

I called her, "Lorraine?"

Mom spun around and saw me.

She leaned up on the locker and said, dreamily, "Calvin! Amie!"

I smiled at her, trying to be pleasant, and said, "I would like you to meet my friend, George McFly."

Dad went over to my mom and said, holding out his hand, "It's nice to meet you."

Well, at least he was being friendly. But, she blew him off and went over to me.

She asked, "How's your head?"

I quickly pulled away and answered, "I'm fine."

The bell rang and they all took off and I heard my mom saying, "Isn't he a dreamboat?"

Doc came over and I said, depressed, "She didn't even look at him, Doc."

Annie looked at me and pointed out, "I think Aunt Lorraine has gotten the hots for you instead of Uncle George."

Doc nodded and added, "It happens sometimes in hospitals. Nurses do fall for their patients."

Annie smiled, decked me playfully, and joked, "You lucky guy."