Ch 5

Annie's POV

Marty and I got out of the De Lorean and heard the door to the barn closing. Marty tripped and landed in some hay. I giggled at him and then the same thing happened to me.

Marty smiled evilly and said, "Poetic justice, my dear Annie."

I blushed at him a little. I hoped that Marty didn't notice. But his attention was on the fact we were in a barn. He and I got out of the barn.

He said, trying to be friendly, "Sorry about your barn."

Just then, someone shot at us.

We both stumbled back into the barn and we were a little kid saying, "They've already mutated into human forms! Shoot them, dad!"

The old man shot at us again and Marty and I stumbled back into the barn. We got into the De Lorean and drove off, running over a pine tree in the process.

Marty got onto the road and said, aloud, "Okay McFly, get a hold of yourself. It's just a dream."

I nodded and mumbled, "A very intense dream that both of us are having."

Marty slammed on the brakes, capturing my attention. I looked up and we saw we were at the Lyon Estates and they weren't even built yet! Both Marty and I got out of the De Lorean and went over. We saw the billboard and boy were we in shock. We went back to the DeLorean and the time circuits went dead.

Marty mumbled, "This is nuts."

I heard some beeping and looked up. I saw that the plutonium intake was empty.

I mumbled, "We have no plutonium to go back on...."

We both looked at each other and nodded. We got out of our radiation suits and hid the De Lorean behind the billboard and headed into town. We saw everything was fifty-ish. Is that even a word? Anyways, when the clock bells rang, that confirmed my suspicions. We had gone back in time! A man threw a newspaper into the garbage. Marty grabbed it and showed me the date, 'November 5, 1955.'

Marty mumbled, "Aw, this is heavy."

I nodded, looked up, and saw that the café had a telephone.

I said, "Maybe we can call Doc. Maybe he can help us...."

It wasn't my best idea, mind you, but it was the only thing I could think of. That and the fact our Doc was dead didn't leave us many options. We walked over to the café and saw that it was actually the fitness center back in '85.

The owner perked up at us and asked, "What did you do? Jump ship?"

Marty turned to him and asked, "Huh?"

The owner pointed at Marty's vest, which you could swear was a life preserver.

The owner asked, "Well, what's with the life jacket?"

Marty ignored that and I responded, "We just want to use the phone."

The owner pointed and said, "Yeah, it's in the back."

Marty and I went into the back. Marty got out the phone book and looked up Emmett Brown.

He smiled at the page and said, his voice near a whisper, "He's alive, Annie."

Marty dialed the number but it kept ringing.

I said my voice near a whisper, "He could be out, Marty. Let's head over there."

Marty nodded and ripped out the page. We went back over to the owner.

Marty started to ask, "Do you know where...?"