Chapter 1

Horrified and worried, a girl ran quickly from her home. She saddled onto a horse and took off, away from her broken life. Tears fell down her face. She didn't care about her responsibilities anymore. She wouldn't dare look back, afraid to see her mother's sad gaze behind her.
   As her horse galloped farther and farther away from her home, she heard yelling coming from behind her. She looked back to see what looked like an army, not too far away, charging for her.
   "Faster!" She screeched at her horse. Words from her mother started to fill in her mind as she charged away. "My darling, run far, as far as you can, and don't get caught!"  Tears were flooding her face, which made it hard to see.
   Out of nowhere, a black figure apeared in front of her. Her horse reared up, and she went flying off, hitting her head on a rock. She noticed that everything had started to fade to black. "Father, I'm sorry." She whispered as everything faded to black.

   "Hello? Are you awake?" A voice called. She blinked until her eyes became clear. A pounding in her head made her feel dizzy. "Oh good," a male voice side from her left side. She looked around and realized that she was in someone else's home. "Um, I'm sorry, but who are you?" She asked.
   "In sorry, I should have introduced myself first. I'm Cyrus Villanova, I found you knocked out in a river late at night. So I brought you back to my home. Don't worry, I only bandaged up your head." Cyrus said.
   Cyrus was holding a cup of tea and brought it over to her. "Here, this should make you feel better." He said, handing it to her. "Thanks," she muttered. "So what'd your name, and where do you come from?" Cyrus asked.
   She paused for a moment, not sure if she should tell him her name. After a bit, she decided that it wouldn't do any harm. "I'm Aria, I come from Drylliad in the kingdom of  Carthya." She said quietly. Cyrus eyes widened, "really?" He asked. Aria nodded.
   Aria paused for a moment and then slowly nodded her head. Cyrus sighed and stood up to go get more tea. Aria noticed that Cyrus seemed around her age, but a little older. Her wore a hood that covered most of his face. His home also seemed very dark, like he was hiding away from the light or didn't want anyone to see inside.
   Aria also noticed that he had a collection of many different types of knives and spears. That made her feel uncomfortable. Cyrus came back with a new cup of tea and set it down on a small table by the bed. Aria went to go grab her sword that she had been carrying with her once she noticed that it wasn't there.
   She looked around the room quickly. "Are you looking for this?" He said as he pulled her sword out of its sheath. His eyes widened as he looked at the sword. "This is a sword made out of obsidian with amethyst jewels!" Cyrus said with shock. Aria looked at him nervously, wondering what he would say about the sword.
   "There is only one sword in all of the four kingdoms that looks like this." He said as he pointed the sword at her. Aria hopped out of the bed and was ready to lunge for the door that just had to be behind him. "Why do you have the princesses sword?" Cyrus accused her.
   Aria slowly reached for her small knife that she carried in her pocket. "My father is a blacksmith that works for the king. He crafted it before he made the princesses sword to test it. After that, he gave it to me to do what I wanted with it." She explained.
   Cyrus raised a brow and lowered the sword. "Okay, I believe you." He said. Cyrus sheathed the sword and handed it back to her. She took it and hooked it back to her belt. "I say, it's strange that a sword was crafted for the princess. They don't need to learn how to fight!" Cyrus muttered. Aria sighed, "Princess Alexius is a very interesting princess." She joked.
   Cyrus rolled his eyes and handed her a wash cloth. "You have dirt all over yourself, and I have clean clothes for you. There's a stream in the woods that you can go and clean up at. I'll make some food for you when you get back." Cyrus explained. Aria nodded, feeling a bit awkward she grabbed the stuff and headed to the river.

   Aria felt better after cleaning up. She walked back into Cyrus's small house and gathered her stuff together. She noticed that Cyrus wasn't inside. She shrugged and attached her sword to her belt. Cyrus came busting in through the front door. His face was full of horror.
   "Grab your stuff, and let's go!" Cyrus yelled, he wad covered in blood.