Chapter 2

"Come on and grab your stuff!" Cyrus yelled. Aria quickly gathered her stuff and got ready to run. Cyrus quickly dug through some of his stuff and ran to the far corner of the room where a huge carpet lay. He pulled the carpet aside, and under it was a door.
Someone started knocking on the door. "This is the Avenian army, I demand by the kings orders that you come out!" The voice said. "Quick into the tunnel!" Cyrus hissed. Aria nodded and headed down to the tunnel. Cyrus followed close behind and covered their tracks.
Aria assumed that they were going to head forward once they noticed that something seemed off about the torch that hung on the wall. Aria walked over and pulled down on the torch. The walls started to shake and opened up another tunnel. "Hah!" She said excitedly. Cyrus stared at her, confused, "How did you know about that? I made sure that it was hidden well!" Aria shook her head. "It's not very hidden. My father used to go on many adventures like this when he was young." Aria said as she started to walk down the tunnel.
As they walked down, the tunnel slowly started to get smaller, and it made Aria feel uncomfortable.

I can't believe that I'm walking down a tunnel with some strange guy that I met this morning! Why are we even running away from the Avenian army?

That made Aria pause and really think. She quickly turned around. "Why is the Avenian army after us in the first place?" She confronted him. Cyrus moved her out of his way. He was now wearing a mask that covered his lower half of his face. He motioned her to follow him.
Aria sighed and followed him. "If you're not going to tell me why we're running, could you at least tell me where we're going?" Aria asked, but Cyrus only continued forward. She grunted. Aria wanted to pull out her sword and fight him. Although it had been a bit since she was last able to fight with a sword, she thought that she had a pretty good chance at beating him.
As they walked, Aria noticed light coming up ahead and wanted to run out towards it. She didn't like being in small, cramped places. Once they were finally out of the tunnels, Aria let out a hudge sigh of relief. They were now in a forest with a creepy looking shed just standing there out in the open.
Cyrus pulled a key from somewhere inside his coat and approached the shed. He slowly opened the door, and it let out a loud creak. Aria winced at the sound and followed Cyrus into the shed. Aria looked around in the shed. The inside actually seemed quite cozy. Cyrus shut the door and set down some of his stuff. He opened a drawer from a dresser that was in the far corner of the small room. He pulled out some sort of scroll or map. Aria stood there awkwardly and waited. She also noticed that there was a creepy wardrobe in the shed that she wouldn't dare go near.
Next, Cyrus crossed the room to a chest , pulled out a bag, and then approached the creepy wardrobe. He opened it up to reveal many different types of swords and armor.

This guy really likes swords for some reason.

Cyrus grabbed a cloak that looked like it was from Carthya. "Hey, what are you doing with Carthya colored cloak?" She asked. Cyrus continued to ignore her and hand the cloak to her. It also came with a mask to cover her face. "Put it on. We're going to have to make our way to Carthya, it's not safe in Avenia," Cyrus explained. He locked everything back up that he had opened and headed in another direction. She followed close behind, and deep down, she felt that that wasn't the only reason they were running away from Avenia and it's army.

They walked for a while through the forest, only ever stopping for a quick break or water. After a bit, they came towards a barn. "It's getting late. We'll stay in here for the night," Cyrus suggested. Aria nodded and followed him down towards the barn. Cyrus opened the barn door, slowly creeping inside. Aria's mouth gaped open, "You can't break in!" She protested.
Cyrus rolled his eyes and continued into the barn. Aria sighed and ran after him. He set his stuff down in the far corner of the barn where he seemed unnoticeable. Aria made herself comfortable in an area somewhat close to him. She hopped that everything after this would go smoothly and she could go back to her normal life.