Chapter 23

"King Jaron, this is proof enough that you're daughter is long dead!" One of the regents said.

"It's been four years since she disappeared! We need to worry about a new heir," Another pleaded,

"She was most likely killed after the fire!" A man said.

All the regents started to pester Jaron about Princess Alexius having to be dead and there was no hope. Alexius could tell that her father was very angry with his regents. She wanted to go in now and prove that she was still living, but she had to wait for Viper to approach them with Ivy before she could go in.

"Don't any of you remember what happened with King Jaron?" Tobias raised his voice above the others. "Everyone thought that he was dead too after it had been several years and we all know how much Alexius is like her father, she might still be alive!" Tobias argued. "We mustn't give up hope!" Queen Imogen pleaded. The regents started to argue with each other and started to raise their voices. Alexius noticed that Jaron hadn't said a word this whole meeting. Alexius heard a knock on the two large doors that were at the front of the meeting room. "Silence!" Jaron yelled and they all fell silent. Roden walked in, "Your majesty, King Jaron,  someone is here. They claim that they're the princess." Jaron raised a brow and Imogen looked eager to let her in. Jaron flicked his hand, signaling that Roden could let them in. 

Ivy walked in, covered in bruises and cuts. She managed to somehow change her hair color to the same hair color as Alexius's in a short time. Ivy cleared her throat quietly, "I'm the long-lost princess of Carthya. I was kidnapped and abused, but I managed to escape. They had me tied up to a chair and would force me to do things for them." She said in a fake crying voice. Alexis wanted to burst out laughing but she didn't want to afford to blow her cover yet, she had to wait for Viper to enter the room. Jaron looked unimpressed and Alexisu knew exactly why. Jaron had taught Alexius many things, and untieing herself was one. Ivy claimed that she was tied up, so that was the first thing to prove that she wasn't Alexius.

Alexius was happy to see that her mother didn't look all that convinced either. Ivy pointed to the door and Viper walked in and everyone gasped. "He helped me escape from that awful place," Ivy said. Jaron's green eyes were full of shock and curiosity. Jaron knew Viper from before. "Viper, I told you to never come back to this Kingdom again," Jaron said in a calm voice. "I've come to return your daughter and I know who killed your son," Viper said with a smirk across his face. "We already found the culprit, he had to be the one who attacked Princess Alexius and the one who killed Lady Aria," one of the regents said. Viper shook his head, "he was a decoy to make you guys think that you'll have the right guy." 

Jaron looked at him suspiciously, "We will discuss that matter later, but that's not my daughter." Viper looked at Jaron, infuriated. Alexius knew that this was her queue to walk in.