Chapter 24

Alexius put her hood on flung the door open and walked in. Although Alexius was used to the eyes, it was different this time. "It's so obvious that she's a fake. Her name is Ivy, daughter of Viper, the leader of the Striker Caravan. One of Carthya's worst enemies." Alexius said as she grinned at Ivy. Alexius glanced at her parents, they looked very intrigued. Roden pulled his sword out and pointed it at Alexius's face. Alexius's pulled out her sword and pointed it at Roden. Alexius heard Imogen gasp and whisper something to Jaron. Alexius kept her eyes on Roden, she wasn't quite ready to reveal herself yet, but she knew that everyone in the room recognized her sword.

Alexius pointed her sword at Viper who was stunned. "Viper kidnapped me and wanted to make me his princess for his plan of taking over Carthya. He wanted me to come and claim myself as the princess and then claim that King Jaron and Queen Imogen abused me and wanted to get rid of me because I was a disappointment to them. I agreed, but only to make sure that this plan would collapse and Carthya would be saved," Alexius announced, she hoped that her plan was working. "Guards grab them," Jaron ordered and then focused on Alexius. 

Viper started to spit out cuss words and claims about my parents and me. "Oh, one last thing Jaron. Viper killed Darius, there's a trap door at the back of the castle where he snuck in and murdered Darius that night," Alexius said. Everyone in the room gasped, Alexius now turned to face her parents. "Guards, take him to the deepest dungeon," Jaron ordered. Viper started to spout more nonsense before Roden knocked him on the side of his head. "Good grief, he's super annoying," Roden sighed. 

Now all eyes were on her again. "Tell me, who are you and how do you have my daughter's sword?" Jaron asked. Alexius sighed and pulled off her hood, a couple of the regents started to whisper. Jaron and Imogens eyes grew wider. "I'm home, I'm the true lost Princess of Carthya," Alexius said. Jaron looked at her suspiciously and leaned forward. "If you are, then prove it to me," Jaron said. "I left four years ago, not long after the fire. I blamed you for killing my friend, which I still believe." She added at the end. Then she pulled out her sword and crown. "My crown had been hidden before the fire in my closet and my sword and disappeared with me, so did Dawn," Alexius said. Lastly, she set her crown and sword on the floor and pulled off her glove to reveal the horrible scar on her arm. "Only you, Mother, and Tobias know about this scar from the night of the fire," Alexius said she hoped that that was enough proof to prove that she was the lost princess. 

Imogen started to cry and Jaron stood up from his throne and walked over to Alexius without giving away any emotions. She couldn't tell what he was thinking or about to do. Jaron then suddenly hugged her tightly, "Your home." Alexius laughed a little, "Dad, you're squeezing me!" Imogen ran up and joined in on the hug. Alexius felt amazing now, her parents believed that it was her and she could return home. Jaron broke the hug and turned to face his regents, "My daughter, Alexius Elizabeth Erin of Carthya, has returned home!"