Chapter One: The Promenade

[Shane's POV]

"May I have this dance? I asked as I held up my hand to Tracy, the girl I have been crushing on ever since school started. Unlike me, she wasn't Little Miss Popular. She was just an ordinary person, a geek to be specific, who hid in the shadows. I liked her that way and as I stared at her, I just knew that something felt right. I admit, I'm being mushy and creepy.

Anyways, as my blue eyes stared into her green ones, I noticed that she wasn't wearing make-up which was weird since every girl's face was caked with it. My eyes scanned her and I came to one conclusion: she looked stunning. She was wearing a baby pink dress with matching white flats. She let her chestnut brown hair flow down to her shoulders. In short, she looked perfect.

"Sh-Shane," she mumbled. She looked at me in surprise like I was one of her experiments that have gone wrong. I was agitated by all the awkwardness and tension between us but I didn't feel half as horrible when she flashed a smile at me. "Yes, I'll d--"

"Excuse me, Ms. Redwood, your guardian is waiting for you in the lobby," the Master of Ceremonies announced. I turned around and gaped at him. Really? This has to happen now? Nice timing, dude. Note the sarcasm.

"Um, I'm sorry Shane but I better go. I'll try my very best to come back, I promise," Tracy apologized. With that, she hurried outside the ballroom leaving me there. Alone, in the darkness feeling rejected and hurt. I'm exaggerating, I know.

I managed to find a seat nearby. My thoughts went overload as I recalled all the planning that I did for tonight. I was going to approach her, ask her to dance, dance with her, talk a bit and then ask her out on a date this coming Saturday. Unfortunately, it has all come down to this. She had to leave because of her curfew. Her freaking curfew! I should have carried my plan out earlier. Man, for a popular guy like me, I'm pretty pathetic when it comes to timing and romance. I sucked at both. Hardcore.

~~

A/N:

Yeah, I know. I'm not that great of a writer. I'm sorry about that. What can I say? I'm new here. This is sort of my first story and I'm kinda typing it on my phone since my laptop decided to turn its back on me. Curse you laptop!

Anyways, I guess this is the part where I ask you to Comment or Vote for my story. Thanks guys. :)