Chapter Four: Trust Me

[Tracy's P.O.V.]

"Dad, why can't you just trust me?" I stammered. It was so unfair. Why couldn't he just trust me? Tears welled up in my eyes. My cheeks were burning.

"You aren't old enough," my dad explained.

"But, Dad! I'm seventeen already! I could handle myself," I argued. I felt my eyes sting. Before I knew it, tears streamed down my face. "Why do you have to be so uptight, Dad? Is it too hard for you to trust me?"

"I trust you, sweetheart. I just..." he trailed off. His grip on the steering wheel tightened. "I don't want to lose you like...like your mom."

I turned away. More tears rolled down my cheeks. I felt my chest tightening from the painful memory that I've been trying to move on from. "I'm not like her, Dad."

My mother died in a car a few years ago. I was still thirteen by then. I was living a carefree and lovely life, surrounded by the two people I love the most. However, when the horrible nightmare happened, my life changed dramatically. My dad became paranoid and over-protective. I was stuck with nothing but books and lost all ability to socialize. I became a nerd, a loner. Go figure.

When we arrived home, I immediately stomped my way upstairs and slammed the door shut. I peeled off my dress and wiggled through an oversized t-shirt. I laid on my bed and wept. My perfect night was ruined by my father. I hated him for that.

Memories and images of the events a few moments ago flooded through my brain; the chats with my best friend (I had one, so I'm not entirely a loner. But I was still considered as one, though), the view of people making a fool of themselves, and Shane.

Shane. He asked me to dance to dance with him. The school's most popular guy asked me to dance. Why, you may ask me? Well I, for one, have no idea either. Did he actually like me? Or was it out of pity? I strongly believe that it's the latter one. I mean, how can Shane, the school's all-star idol, possibly like a nerd like me? I'm not that pretty, nor am I hot. I'm just simple and plain. I'm nothing impressive. I had wavy, chestnut-brown hair, apple green eyes, and a pale complexion. I wore thick black glasses and I'm at the bottom part of the popular list. In short, I'm a nobody. So, what's there to like about me?

~~~~

A/N

Hey there! How's it going. First of all, I would like to thank you for reading my story. I hope you liked it.

You have to excuse my grammar, though.

Please Comment on what you think about my story. I would really appreciate that. Vote if you liked it. Thank you. ♥

Hugs and Kisses,

Aiah. ツ