Chapter Two: Talking Christmas Trees Are Real

[Shane's P.O.V.]

I waited for Tracy all night. I tried to entertain myself while waiting by enjoying with my fellow seniors and having a drink or two with my friends. Eventually, I got tired of waiting. Time ticked at an agonizing slow pace, eating away all the patience that I have left.

Just one more minute, I convinced myself. The gym was almost empty by now. I scanned the room and found Chris, my best bud, sitting at another table, flirting with a bunch of girls who looked like walking Christmas trees. What? I'm telling the truth! They really did look like Christmas trees judging by the amount of jewelries they've put on. They also wore tight-fitting glittery dresses that were so short, one could see their asses. Pathetic, I thought.

I turned to Chris and noticed that he was waving at me like an idiot. I waved back to him. I immediately saw one of the girls squirming like she had epilepsy or something. The girls stood up and started walking towards me.

"Uh, this can't be good," I whispered to myself as I winced.

"Hi, Shane," the girl with auburn-colored hair greeted. I guess her name was Kayla or something.

"I, uh, no. I mean, I'm not Shane. I'm, um, his cousin. Yeah, definitely his cousin," I lied. Wow, I must admit, I'm quite good at this. Yeah, well, no. I ultimately failed at this.

"Oh, Shane. You are so funny," Clarisse, the girl beside Kayla, said. "We know who you are, silly. You're Shane Chase, the school's quarterback, the bad boy, the most handsome guy ever."

"Okay, okay. You girls got me. I really am Shane, so what?" I admitted.

The two girls shrieked. Believe me, you wouldn't want to hear them. They sounded like rubber duckies. Oh, and yes. I am the school's quarterback. Pfft, big deal. Like I cared. I only played because my dad told me so.

"Shut it," Little Miss Blondie piped in. I guess she was the leader of their group. I knew her. She was the captain of the cheerleading team. "We do not want to scare Shane off, do we?"

She batted her eyelashes at me like crazy. I rolled my eyes and muttered, "Ashley."

She smiled at me and then sat beside me. "Shane."

"Tell me, why would I be scared? You all look so pretty tonight . . . and shiny." I faked a smile, earning a giggle from them. Chris interrupted us by his arrival. Thank heavens. I was dying here. I yanked his arm and headed towards the restroom.

~~

A/N:

Hey. :)

So here you have it, Chapter Two. Chapter Three is coming right up.Thanks for reading. You have to excuse my errors though. I sincerely apologize. :)

Please leave a comment on what you think about the story if you want to. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hugs and Kisses,

Aiah. ♥