Chapter Six: Commence Operation P.A.Y.B.A.C.K.

[Shane's P.O.V.]

I stared at Tracy for ten more seconds. God, she really was something. Although she simply wore a pair of blue overalls on top of a plain white shirt, she still looked cute. Her hair was in pigtails, braided until shoulder level and she wore her glasses again. I wonder why she only wore her contacts on prom night because she looked absolutely stunning without those thick black glasses.

Anyway, before you all start to think that I'm some sort of a creeper, which I certainly am not; I looked away. I took it as a signal to carry out my plan.

"Ashley," I called the blonde in front of me. She quickly directed all her attention towards me.

"Yes, Shane?" she asked, batting her eyelashes in a disgustingly flirty way. I rolled my eyes and tried my very best not to throw up. Sluts these days.

"Do you mind sitting beside me?" I asked, flashing her my million-dollar signature smirk. I had one, I knew about it, and I'm not afraid to use it when I needed to. I know, I have a gigantic ego and I'm proud of it.

"Oh, of course not!" she shrieked along with her friends. "I really don't mind. In fact, I'd be more than happy to sit beside you. But, there's one big problem. There isn't any space for another person beside you. Do you want me to sit on top of your lap? I mean, if you want to. I surely don't mind," she answered with so much enthusiasm. Talk about disgusting.

"No freaking way!" I exclaimed. There's no way I would let her sit on top of me! Who does she think she is? My lap dog? If you're going to offer me a billion bucks just to let her do what she just suggested, well, go kiss my ass goodbye.

Hurt suddenly flashed all over her face and I decided to take back what I've said, unless I wanted this plan to fail. "I mean, not now. We could do that some other time."

I winked at her and her face immediately lightened up. Ugh, I can't believe I actually said that. I'm going to pour bleach in my mouth as soon as I arrive home.

"I was thinking about something else. I suggest that you," I raised my hand and gestured towards her, "could exchange seats with Chris," gliding my raised hand towards Chris' direction. Chris gaped at me.

"Wha--?" he asked with his mouth wide open. Half-chewed food was still in it. Ew.

"Would that be okay, Sweetie?" I asked Ashley, completely ignoring Chris' response. I winced when I heard another shriek from the girls.

Ashley nodded her head frantically and stood up. She then walked towards Chris. I glanced towards Tracy's direction and saw her freeze on her spot. Our gazes locked. I stared at her eyes, which were soft and gentle, and noticed a glint of confusion. I only managed to break from her eyes' entrancing spell when Chris whisper/yelled at me.

"What the hell, man?!" he stammered. I could sense a mix of anger and confusion seeping through his voice. I shot him an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, Chris. But you have to bear with me right now. I need to do this," I explained.

"Why?"

"Let's just say it's some sort of a payback to someone."

"McPhee?" he inquired.

I nodded at him. His features softened.

"Okay. But I'm only doing this because you're my best bud since we were in diapers. However, if she," he said, pointing at Ashley, "smears her girly stuff on my chair, I swear I'm gonna cut your b--"

Ashley cut him off by shoving him off his seat. She had a victorious smile on her face and sat down. I shot another apologetic look towards Chris and put an arm around Ashley's shoulder. Chris just shrugged and took the seat in front of me.

I faced Ashley who was now looking at me giddily and asked, "So, how's your day, Pumpkin?"

Oh well, let the flirting begin.

~~~~

A/N:

Hey guys, sorry for the slight delay. I had a lot of stuff going on and was unable to update. But, hey, I still managed to. I hope this chapter would make for it.

Anyways, THANK YOU for reading my story. I really appreciate it. :)

So, Read/Comment/Fan the story. ^_^

And, oh, don't forget to share it to the people you know. Thanks. :)

Hugs and Kisses,

Aiah.♥