Eight

The next day, Cecilia woke up late, but the smell off food had her running out of the tent to throw up. Jax ran over to her to help hold her hair. "Babe?"

"I'm okay." She tells him. "Just didn't agree to the smell." Raising up, she looked at him. "What did I miss this morning?"

"There's walkers in the barn and Daryl is still wanting to search for Sophia. I don't think we will ever find her..."

"I think we did." She tells him as she looked at the barn. 'Something tells me that we were right. Sophia isn't here anymore."

Jax looked at the barn to see the others there. He knew she was right. They've found clues and no sign of Sophia. Just where she walked through, but the doll was a dead give away. Sophia would have never left that doll behind. "I think you're right, Cecilia. So, whatever you do, don't go near that barn."

Cecilia looked at him. "Wasn't planning too, but I would like to eat."

Jax nodded as he walked her over to the food while the others were looking at the barn. Maggie walked over to them. "I don't know what the deal is with them, but dad is not happy." She tells them. "You two can stay, but he wants them gone."

Jax looked at her. "Why does he have a barn full of walkers and is Sophia in there?"

"I can't lie to my best friend. My step mom and her son are in there. He believes he can cure them so he has been bringing walkers into that barn hoping to cure them also. If Sophia is in there than Odis put her in there and I'm so sorry if she is, Cecilia. I have nothing to do with this. I just know what he was doing."

"Why didn't you tell her that before we came here? All this is unsafe and your father needs to see what type of creatures those walkers are. There is no cure and never will be." He says as Cecilia ran off and threw up again. "I need to get her back to her tent."

"I think the second pregnancy test should be for her."

"I'm not pregnant!' She says. "It's all this damn stress and I just want to be alone."

Jax watched her walk away causing him to sigh. He followed her to the tent to lay with her hoping to get her mind off of things. Maggie looked at them and wondered what they were thinking about. Was her best friend's niece really a walker and another question is what is making her sick.
~~~
Later that day, Jax woke up to a lot of commotion outside. He looked at Cecilia as she was still sleeping. He crawled out of the tent to see his brother walk by. Shane dropped a gun in front of him as he continued walking. "What the hell is going on?"

"Shane isn't himself anymore." Carol says. "Stay with my sister."

He looked behind him to see Cecilia looking at him. He nodded as he knew she wanted to see what was happening. Getting out of the tent, Jax grabbed the gun before helping Cecilia up. They walked towards the barn as they heard shooting. Jax stopped Cecilia as she watched in horror.

The moaning stopped and there was nothing but silence and that scared Cecilia. Hearing one more, that was when she saw the glimpse of her niece as a walker. "No." She says as Jax pulled her into his chest.

"Don't look. Don't look."

Jax felt his heart break as he held Cecilia as she cried. She lost her niece. The one she believed was already gone was now proven. Cecilia was right.