Decent into madness.

Decent into madness.

The air stirred as time slowed down, the bird's tune distorted in the spring day. Colours sharpened beyond belief as the people became background noise. Xaivier never thought his imagination was so active until this year when he saw a woman do a lot of things that was impossible as he was absorbed back into the daydreams that had been haunting him day and night for the past week of the unknown woman, whose emotions he felt clear as day as if they were his own, that his mind had deemed fit to name Aella.

**

Standing inside the coffee shop, she gazed out while she waited for her drink. Nothing of importance stuck out to her, no matter how many times she darted her eyes back and forth in the queue to check. The usual throng of traffic buzzed around like an annoying fly. The world seemed at peace. Even the weather had halted its windy assault; instead, now plainly dull and still, which was giving off more of the aura of a restful Sunday compared to the hectic Wednesday morning it really was.

The dishevelled woman rushed from the building after she sensed the change in the air; her orange coat bellowed behind like a cloak, as she reached the medium-sized vehicle, or what others around her would perceive as a vehicle. In reality, two horses stood tall as they were proud while they guarded the small rectangle black carriage just behind.

Aella took a minute that she didn't have to appreciate them in their majestic form. So skinny their bones stuck out of their body in a deformed way, but not frail, red spikes that stuck out near the bottom of their hooves which curled up naturally, eyes a brilliant blue only associated with pure breeds in her realm.

When she was close enough for them to sense her, the horses roared to life. They stomped and reared their heads with no hesitation, fully aware of the silent command she omitted to them.

Aella jumped as she felt the person lean near to her before she searched manically around to ensure no one else had picked up on the man's strange and sunken appearance, who appeared from nowhere. Despite this being one reason that brought her to this realm, she didn't want anyone else to catch on to the strange occurrences if she could avoid it, only in dire situations. Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to return with what it would do to this realm.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice was strained as she wanted to facepalm from ignoring the sensation that had been in the pit of her stomach that this wouldn't have happened if she had gotten a move on earlier.

She shifted on the spot before she hedged closer to the reins, which leant into the carriage through a small hole. Her hands twitched to pull them.

"Nothing to worry you about." The man's gravelly voice came. He'd caught on to her plan and had strategically moved himself closer to her destination, too. Not willing to let her go after it had taken him so long to track her down; As, if Aella didn't want to be found, she couldn't be easily traced. Everyone had tired from playing cat and mouse at her expense.

"You have been summoned. But I'm highly assured that you were already aware of that." His disapproving stare said it all.

The woman turned her head down slightly, ashamed by her actions she'd taken in the last couple of days. Images flashed up of the stranded people that were left to fend for themselves on a deserted island covered in neems. When aggravated, the small vermin could pose a danger. She winced at the red, swollen bite marks they'd have all up their legs.

"Of course I am." Her voice became ever so quiet.

"I had no plans to attend the summon." She shifted on her feet. No longer secure that her plan to escape had been successful, the man now leant against her only way out of the place now she was too exhausted to flit herself out.