The sands of the forgotten.

After clearing all the plates, four or five teachers entered the dining hall. They walked to the middle of the room to wait for the chatter to die. Each one held a handful of small glowing gold objects that peeked through their fingers.

"In each of your rooms, you will find your schedules. All first-year students will also find a map attached to theirs. Do not lose this map or give it to any other student. It will illustrate where you are always and map out your destination to your classes for you to follow until you become used to your surroundings! You will be directed more from your first class." The teacher in the middle bellowed out.

Xaivier assumed he must be the head teacher. Dressed in different clothes from the rest. His pin suit was both black and white, the colours intermingled in the middle, which turned the colour into that of a cloud.

The conversation came to a halt, not saying anything else; instead, two of the adults' eyes wondered around the groups until they landed on Xaivier and his group. One teacher smiled warmly at them, while the other held a passive stare. Students had already begun filling out back towards their respective room. Vincent placed a hand on Xaivier's shoulder to keep him in place. With much of the room vacant, the adults delivered the objects to the principal before proceeding.Two of them stayed behind to survey the room and make sure the older children did as they were told.

"I think it's time for you to receive a few answers, boy." One adult stated as they came to a halt.

He crooned his finger to get Xaivier to follow. Xaivier glanced over to the other boys; he watched as they nodded their heads encouragingly to support him to go. Hector, Vincent, and Peter all stood up, ready to join him. Despite what was happening, suggesting otherwise, Peter refused to accept that Xaivier should be in the school, ready to deny it at any given oportunity.

He suppressed his eye roll, not wanting to get on the bad side of the teachers he was still so uncertain of.

The office they ventured into wasn't far from the dining room. Down the hall, wall to wall, full of books of all different shapes and sizes. A desk off to the side with a four-seater sofa on the opposite corner. The room was minimalistic in decor compared to what they'd seen so far in the other parts of Nori; Only a glass cage stood directly to the left of the sofa. It held the unknown to all. The principal gestured to the sofa to encourage them all.

Xaivier was the first to sit. No longer bothered about the surroundings of the place. He'd already absorbed too much new information for the day.

"Your classes for the day will be reduced Xaivier." The principal began.

"Where are my manners? I'm the principal of Nori. you can call me, sir or Mr Welks." He interrupted himself. His hands crossed as he leant against the end of the desk.

Xaivier nodded his head, as if it were what he had been waiting for. He continued.

"This school is not like anything you would have ever experienced before. But just know, you DO belong here." He emphasised.

Peter scoffed.

"You've got to be mistaken, sir! Like he belongs here. Comes from the Normals. Has shown no signs of being one of us." He protested.

"Don't interrupt." He turned a sharp glare toward Peter before he centred his focus back on Xaivier.

"You belong here. There had been some mistakes. It happens sometimes, rarely, but often enough to be recognised. One that is personal and that we can talk about in private at a later date. This world. It is full of magic, people that are not, as you would call, human, or normal. Creatures that you would never imagine. All that you will learn in this institution. And one that you will have to come to terms with quickly, I'm afraid." He addressed Xaivier, as he ensured the others took heed of his words.