Far from home.

***

The surrounding dust revealed the new location. A seemingly different world. Aella coughed to get rid of the sticky substance it left in her throat, trapped just as she was.

"We aren't in a completely different realm. More like...in-between the two." It was explained to her, without her inquiring into what the place was, as her façade faded away, leaving the much younger woman in her true form: Her deep auburn hair straightened to her shoulders, strong tear dropped face, and wide eyes staring up in admiration that always adorned her features. She had even shrunk by a couple of inches.

Just as he finished, one lone howl sounded. It repeated in the same tone every couple of seconds, to the count of seven. Her head tilted in that direction, and twisted as she felt an undeniable pull to find the one making it.

"Oh, don't mind that." He waved his hand nonchalantly.

"You get used to it." The new women said before she glanced around as if she was searching for something herself.

"Uncle. Who is she?" Aella questioned as she studied the new addition to their pair.

"His secretary deer." He replied, not worried. He turned on his heel, ready to leave his niece to the woman to take her to the room she'd been summoned to.

The new woman didn't introduce herself; Instead, peered down tight-lipped to Aella.

Aella jumped at the sudden sound of a door opening and closing, as she had not and still couldn't see any doors around.

The woman sent her a patronising smirk.

"Never been here, have you?" She asked mockingly.

She pivoted sharply, fully expectant that Aella would follow. Aella huffed before she stepped timidly forward, not knowing what to expect from this place. The place her father usually kept her from being in. It wasn't how she had ever imagined it to be.

Her father talked endlessly about how the place was so magical, mystical, yet could still be a fun place to be in; to explore with endless possibilities of what you would come up against. Which was the exact opposite of the aura she got from being there.

Aella shivered and pulled the coat closer into her body. Between the howl, the dimly lit off white colour that surrounded them specifically, the hair on her arms raised as she sensed eyes that roamed both her and the other woman. Aella sensed nothing but pent-up dread from the place.

They didn't need to walk far until the open space changed and the heat of a fire hit them directly in front, but they still remained unaware of what was hidden.

The woman pushed her hand forward, taking four steps forward before she touched Aella's arm.

Suddenly the room was ablaze, the dulling frazzled colours faded into the room they were standing in. Aella's breath hitched while her eyes wondered around.

No more noise surrounded her.

A fire stood proudly in the middle of the room; the flames flickered ember through the air. The surrounding haziness cleared. She noticed the desk carved from the oldest oak not far from the fire. The embers disappeared before it managed to spit its hatred onto it. A bookcase stood tall to one side, where her father stood. His overbearing aura intimidated the books that appeared to bend around him, as if they tried their best to avoid him.

"I am disappointed in you, Aella." Were the only words to escape from the man who'd yet to turn and face them.

The woman let her smirk slip before they entered, knowing it wouldn't lead to anything good if the man caught it. He was protective of his daughter and showed no mercy to others to prove it.