Unforgiven.

By morning, Xaivier could see fur had sprouted over a significant amount of Aella's body, green dots littered over the fluffy hairs.

"I look ridiculous." Aella wailed out and stamped her foot; Xaivier couldn't hold his laughter in anymore. He threw his head back as he let it out and it boomed around. Xaivier stepped back, tripping over his own feet and nearly falling on the floor.

His stomach started aching, which quietened it significantly.

"What happened?" He sputtered out.

"I don't know! Last night, halfway through my sleep, I was awakened by fur sprouting on my body and a tingling sensation followed. I didn't know what was happening; this morning it was everywhere. So, one of my roommates gave me a spell to get rid of unwanted hair. Tried the spell only to have green dots appear too!" Aella whined in distress.

"You look like a cute little pet that needs to be fussed." Xaivier teased lightly, fussing the top of her head.

He cooed in her direction with a little wave after she thwarted off his attempts. Aella didn't look too amused by him. So Xaivier continued.

"You look like a creature that doesn't belong on this earth! But one that couldn't hurt a fly."

Aella crossed her arms over her chest before a smirk appeared on her face.

"Maybe it's you that looks so weird." She laughed back, her mood finally broken.

Xaivier chucked his head back and laughed at how weak her retort was.

"We should lock you up and see how you'd like it. Just like the normals do to pets." Aella put her fingers underneath her chin as if she believed it was the best idea while she thought of more of what life would be like. Her mouth twitched.

Xaivier waited for her to not be able to hold it in any longer. It didn't take too long until she had burst into laughter, no longer able to keep her straight face.

Happy with the reaction, Xaivier stopped his teasing.

"I'll go do some research on why it would've happened." Aella announced.

"Actually, I think the best thing to do would be to go to a teacher. Or at least the first aid bay. We don't know why this would've happened. I think it would be the safer option. Especially if a spell has only made it worse so far." Xaivier reasoned.

Aella shook her head in disbelief.

"You want me to go to a teacher? -"

"Or the first aid bay." He interrupted.

"Nu-uh! No way! I can work something out myself. I'm sure I can." She said with determination. Her hands were now on her hips.

"I reckon it'll only get worse, Aella. Whatever caused this. It could get a lot worse." Xaivier told her seriously.

Neither seemed willing to back down about it.

"Look, at the end of the day, it's your choice. But I won't help to make it worse. At least promise that if it goes south. You will get help, or by the end of the day, if it's not better, you'll get the help."

"Sure. But I really would appreciate you looking in the library to find something on random hair growth all over the body and causes. I would go myself but." Aella pointed to herself; she shifted on the spot. Aella had realised her earlier idea of her going herself was rushed. It wasn't a good idea for her to go; She'd get caught that way.

"Fine." Xaivier forced through gritted teeth. He didn't want it to get worse. But at least this way he could relay information he thought wouldn't make the situation dire.