The dream.

Terrifying images flew by; unintelligible images of people he had never met, as he drowned under the closed eyelids. It formed into a strange tale.

Secrets of others being revealed, showing the hidden truth just out of reach from everyone else.

The young girl threw herself down onto the hardened wooden stool. The only one present in the vicinity. She couldn't see any other furniture. No rooms being readily visible, even in the distance. Clouds of confusion swirled between the newly nearly formed walls in all directions. The young girl felt the dread and terror build up from the pit of her stomach as her sights set upon the hidden figure under the cloak. Xaivier could tell she had trusted the man. The sense of familiarity surrounded him. He felt comforted at first until he realised it wasn't himself those thoughts and emotions came from, but was from the girl. She threw her braid onto her back.

"Stay."

The one command rang out. One that couldn't be defied.

The girl nodded her head. But was aware her agreement would make no difference.

Cries of hunger reverberated through Xaivier's head. He had no choice but to watch the girl called out. Still unable to move. She shrieked and called until her voice became hoarse. Only whimpers escaped. A lone tear ran down her face as hours turned into days, and days into months. No answer or help ever escaped into the young girl's new world. The young girl transformed into a beast before his eyes.

He didn't get to see how it ended before it changed once again. He was trapped observing another place.

This time in front of him stood a lake; The tide rippled with the disturbance in the water from one man. The moon shone deeply into the shallow waters below as if it wanted to see all of its secrets. Secrets that it didn't have. The man whelped before he leapt out onto the dry land. His clothes instantly dried from the stifling heat. The man turned his head, a smile that nearly touched each ear, with teeth as sharp as a shark. His eyes glinted black in the darkness before he waved his hand and tipped his hat.

If he could've, Xaivier would have ducked down. He had a sense that the man knew he was there, even though it was just a dream. The man cracked his neck; he laughed before he disappeared. A cloud of green and black dispersed at his leaving.

Not long after, the whole of Xaivier's vision filled with the same smoke.

Fires raged through the realm on the earth and through the skies. A never-ending assault on magic yielders, while creatures crashed through open breaks in the shield that separated the realms; they gushed through to expose the once forgotten to the normals.

Terror filled yelps diverted Xaivier's attention back towards the battlefield, tremors rocked through his body as Xaivier covered his mouth as a sword plunged into the chest of the Primms. His father stood amongst the shards. Broken and worn, he fought against the restraints, to no avail. The green mist was no longer just before him. But everywhere.

"You cannot let this come to pass! Save the one in the chair to capture the acwellan and destroy their hope to prevent this war." A deep voice was the only one that remained clear. It clung to his brain as his ears rang from recognition. It was the same voice from the man in the book of sleep. He was sure it was Lorcan's voice, but it sounded off. Clouded and muted than normal.

Xaivier concentrated as much as he could on Lorcan's appearance and called out his name. He needed to see him. This all felt wrong, as if there was interference this time. He needed to make sure it was all ok.

"Lorcan!" Xaivier shouted as loud as possible this time.

Lorcan appeared before him, fuzzy like static. He hadn't seen him look this bad before, other than when he'd first received the book. Xaivier dived his hands upwards to grip Lorcan's shoulders to see if it would have any effect. It didn't, but at least now he didn't think he could lose him. He could feel it was really Lorcan in front of him.