ACT 1: SUNDAY

(Never thought I'd have to add one of these, but trigger warning, Sayori does something not good to themselves in this chapter)

You haul yourself out of bed, and get your school uniform on, and try to comb your hair down. Grabbing a piece of toast, you hold it in your mouth as you gather your things, and leave your home to wait for Sayori.

Sayori leaves her home, and gives you a cheery wave, her blazer was unbuttoned, and her hair was still as messy as it was yesterday. She holds out a fan of brochures under your nose, startling you.

"Monika and I made these! Aren't they great?"

"They're lovely." you respond, taking one.

The brochures have little doodles of the club members, hanging out around the words.

Each of the chibi figures had the club members' most distinct features; Yuri's purple hair and somber expression, Your eyes and relaxed expression you wore no matter what, Natsuki's bubblegum pink hair and crossed arm stance, Monika's white bow and her pen she always had with her, and than Sayori, with her gentle eyes, drawn as if she was kicking her feet, staring into the sky.

You hand all but one back to Sayori, who smiles and grabs your arm, dragging you to the festival to prepare ahead of time.

Yuri was there, hanging up the banner, Monika was sitting behind the Booth, fingers interlocked, with her chin on them, gazing onwards. Sayori runs off to sit down, looking at the brochures with a smile, and Natsuki holds the forms to sign up, rolling her eyes, but waving at you.

Yuri finally looked up, and waved at you, patting a stool she had beside her. You sat down, and showed her the brochure.

"Sayori and Monika made these, they're quite nice, right?"

Yuri nods, and looks at the little doodles, smiling as she looked at the one of you.

"They're lovely, Sayori did a good job." Yuri responded, handing it back to you.

More booths got set up as the day progressed, until at 12, the festival started. Natsuki handed out cupcakes when people stopped by, Sayori handed out Brochures, you and Yuri handed out sign up sheets, and Monika answered any questions that people had.

A lot of people that showed up seemed interested, so Sayori ran off to print more copies of the sign up sheet.

After she was out of ear shot, Monika leaned in, and got your attention.

"Could you go follow Sayori, and make sure she gets the papers?"

You nod and stand, jogging off after Sayori.

You find her halfway to the copying room, and eventually catch up to her.

She jumps in alarm when you get her attention, and she turns to you.

"GAH! H-hey there!" Sayori says after she calms down. "What're you doing here?"

"Just making sure you're ok." you respond.

"... you're fine, right?"

Sayori nods, and turns away, proceeding on her journey.

As the photocopier copies the papers, Sayori turns around rapidly, and hugs you, crying into your shoulder. You look down awkwardly at her, but muster the courage to pat her back.

"I'm sorry for being such a horrible friend..." she says between quiet sobs.

Your look of confusion changes to a look of worry.