ACT 2: THURSDAY

You spent all of last night trying to remember why you were here, and why you remembered these people.

Monika was the one you remembered the most, but you could tell that something about her was strange. Yuri, however, was completely different. You felt that she wasn't always this... obsessive about you. The Yuri you felt you knew had cared genuinely about you. Natsuki felt almost... jealous that Yuri was talking more to you than she could.

"Hellooooo? Sleepyhead, wake up!"

You sit up, and rub your eyes. Monika is standing above you.

"Don't fall asleep again, please."

"Whatever..." you say with a yawn.

You give Natsuki a wave, which just causes her to give you an angry frown, but Yuri gives you a happy wave.

Yuri is starting to make you uncomfortable.

You just lie back down on your arms, but are roughly kicked in the shin.

"Hey, stay awake."

You open your eyes and once again, sit up.

"I hope all of you wrote poems, since we're going to be exchanging them."

Glancing down, you look at your mess of words, trying to convey how worried and afraid you are. This has all happened before, but something is wrong this time, you can feel it.

Yuri excitedly shoves a poem in your face, causing you to jump a bit, startling you out of your train of thought.

"Here! Read it, I wrote it just for you!"

You hesitantly reach for it, your eyes skimming the page.

A rotating wheel. Turning an axle. Grinding. Bolthead. Linear gearbox. Falling sky. Seven holy stakes. A docked ship. A portal to another world. A thin rope tied to a thick rope. A torn harness. Parabolic gearbox. Expanding universe. Time controlled by slipping cogwheels. Existence of God. Swimming with open water in all directions. Drowning. A prayer written in blood. A prayer written in time-devouring snakes with human eyes. A thread connecting all living human eyes. A kaleidoscope of holy stakes. Exponential gearbox. A sky of exploding stars. God disproving the existence of God. A wheel rotating in six dimensions. Forty gears and a ticking clock. A clock that ticks one second for every rotation of the planet. A clock that ticks forty times every time it ticks every second time. A bolthead of holy stakes tied to the existence of a docked ship to another world. A kaleidoscope of blood written in clocks. A time-devouring prayer connecting a sky of forty gears and open human eyes in all directions. Breathing gearbox. Breathing bolthead. Breathing ship. Breathing portal. Breathing snakes. Breathing God. Breathing blood. Breathing holy stakes. Breathing human eyes. Breathing time. Breathing prayer. Breathing sky. Breathing wheel.

What the fuck.

You look up at Yuri, who's grinning at you like nothing is wrong in the slightest.

"It's... lovely, thanks." you lie between your teeth.

You don't know what you just read, but it scares you. Linear gearbox... god disproving the existence of god... fourty gears and a ticking clock... What does this even mean?!

You fold it into a small square, and put it in your pocket, promising to trash it later. You don't need... whatever the hell this is anywhere near you.

Natsuki, however, gives you a bit of a breather. She hands you an awkwardly written poem about a beach. You thank her after reading it, and put it in your other pocket, and look back at the closet door.