5.

kuchh nazar aatā nahīñ us ke tasavvur ke sivā
hasrat-e-dīdār ne āñkhoñ ko andhā kar diyā

کچھ نظر آتا نہیں اس کے تصور کے سوا
حسرت دیدار نے آنکھوں کو اندھا کر دیا

•••

Noor emerged from her mother's hospital room As she realized her car was missing, she swiftly dialed her driver's number, her phone held firmly in her hand. The driver's voice on the other end explained that Aaliya ma'am had ordered the car for her own use due to an apparent emergency. Noor's intuition, sharp as ever, detected a hint of deception in Aaliya's excuse. She pursued her lips, understanding that this might be a new technique employed by Aaliya to irritate her, a tactic that wouldn't go unnoticed by someone as astute as Noor.

'pure ghar me kya sirf yeh hi gaadi thi?dekha allah miyan? Meri jaan ke peeche pade rehtey hain yeh log' Noor, lost in thought, ventured towards the bustling main road, hoping for a ride. As she strolled, her foot caught on a stone, and she stumbled into a mysterious man. This man was tall and imposing, with a scruffy beard, a tattered leather jacket, and an intense, piercing gaze. Something about his presence hinting at a hidden danger. She quickly mumbled an apology and attempted to continue walking, but the man's anger flared. He grabbed her dupatta, forcefully pulling her close and causing her to collide with his chest. His grip was strong and intimidating, further raising concerns about his intentions.

"Oh mohtarma dikh nahin raha ya humsey takraane ka iraada tha?" His voice was low and gravelly, echoing a sense of foreboding and danger.

"Jee yeh kya badtameezi hain?" Despite the fear that had gripped her, Noor summoned inner strength and replied to the man with a surprising degree of confidence. She swiftly moved back to create some distance between them. However, the man's actions were quicker than her response. In a swift and alarming move, he snatched her dupatta, yanking it from her hair, leaving Noor feeling vulnerable and exposed.

"Aisi awaaz aur aisi khubsurati mein yeh kadwe alfaaz achhe nahi lagtey, toh isse band rakhogi toh zyada behtar hoga" he furiously said and smirked at her, She had always maintained a strict practice of never removing her scarf in front of anyone, valuing her privacy and cultural traditions, but today she felt discomfort.

"Aap hotey kon hain?" She snatched her dupatta from his hand and started running.

"MAIN TUMHAARA HONE WAALA SHOHAR, AUR KIDAR BHAAG KE JAAOGI MERI JAAN, MAI TUMHEY DHUND HI NIKAALUNGA" he shouted while glancing at her running self.

She was running as if her very life depends on it, desperation etched across her face, she repeatedly glanced over her shoulder to crazy maniac, clutching her dupatta tightly in her grip, in her panic she stumbled again, just when it seemed like she was about to lose her balance, a strong and reassuring hand extended, reaching out to save, Her eyes were tightly closed in the midst of her stumble she fervently whispered 'Allah miyan not again please', but as she slowly opened them, she found herself gazing into a pair of captivating hazel brown eyes. In that brief moment, their eyes locked, creating an unexpected connection and a sense of intrigue, as if the world around them had momentarily faded away.

She swiftly straightened herself, instinctively putting some distance between her and the person she had collided with, her gaze fixed firmly on the ground. However, curiosity got the better of her, and she began to slowly steal glances at his attire. The realization struck her like a bolt of lightning - the same kurta pajama and shawl, it couldn't be a coincidence. She finally mustered the courage to look up and, as she examined his figure more closely, she instantly recognized him as the very same person she had seen at the reception desk earlier.

As she couldn't gather courage to look at his face she instantly looked on the ground again.

"Aise bhaag kidar rahi ho larki, lag jaati toh?"
His voice sounds like a deep resonant rumble that sent shivers down her spine, his tone exuded power.

"Wo-woh waha p-pe koi-" Her words faltered, and her voice trembled with anxiety, leaving the sentence hanging in the air, unfinished.

His sudden attentiveness caught her off guard as he glanced around with a subtle intensity in his eyes, as if he were scanning the surroundings for any potential onlookers.

In a hushed tone, he leaned in closer and whispered, "Mai dekhta hun, tehre raho yahan pe."

His determination seemed to wane as he couldn't spot anyone unusual. He turned back to her and said "Koi nahi hain waha par, daro mat."

"Naam kya hain tumhara?" he asked, his curiosity piqued.

"No-Noor," she replied
"Main Zorawar Alam Shah, bharosa rakho, aur tanz na ho," he introduced himself, offering her assurance and asking for her trust.

With a gentle, almost gallant gesture, Zorawar extended his hand, a silent request for her dupatta. Her curiosity piqued, she handed it over to him, and with deft fingers, he delicately draped the dupatta over her head.
As the fabric settled around her, a sudden sense of security and comfort enveloped her, as if his actions had created an invisible shield against the outside world.

Zorawar wanted to know what happened, who was there and why she was running but couldn't looking at her shivering state.

"Tumhari gaari kahan hain?" He asked, his gaze fixed on her, while she appeared to be desperately examining her own feet.

"Kuch hain kya waha pairo par?" He inquired once more, leaning in closer, creating an unexpected proximity between them. She recoiled slightly, taken aback by the sudden closeness

"K-kya?" She stuttered

"Mai keh raha hun gaari kahan hain tumhaari"
He asked while straightening his back

"Aap-aapko kaisey pata humaarey paas gaa-gaari hain?" she inquired, her curiosity evident in her voice.

"Chalo, shukar hain, kuch toh kahan tumney do alfaaz ko chor kar," he replied with a hint of amusement.

"J-jee?" She stammered, seeking clarification.

"Jee, kuch nahi, woh bas humney andaaza lagaya ki aapkey pass gaari hogi," he responded.

"Kahan rehti ho, chor du tumhey?" he asked, even though he was already aware of her place of residence.

"Nahi, bass aap taxi rukwa dein, hum chale jaayenge," she replied cautiously, not entirely trusting the stranger.

"Abhi bhi shaq hain mujh par?" he inquired, leaning closer, while wondering where her car is, he clearly heard that she came with the car, there in room . She found herself at a loss for words, uncertain about how to respond.

"Kisi anjaan ke sath yun bhej nahi sakta tumhey main, toh behtar hoga chalo mere sath," he urged,

She nodded in agreement, trusting his intentions. He gallantly led the way to his car, opening the door for her before sliding into the driver's seat.

"Kahan rehti ho, abh toh bata do," he asked as he started the engine.

"Malik haveli chalein," she replied, reaffirming her destination.

••••

Hello readers,
How was the first meeting of them? Quite bollywoody? But I'm a big fan of romanticizing.

Please comment in between the chapters.