6.

ai āsmān there ḳhudā kā nahīñ hai ḳhauf
Darte haiñ ai zamīn tire aadmī se ham
اے آسمان تیرے خدا کا نہیں ہے خوف
ڈرتے ہیں اے زمین ترے آدمی سے ہم

••

AS THE CAR WAS MOVING IN A LANE, Zorawar's eyes were repeatedly glancing at the rearview mirror to see the girl sitting in the passenger seat, but her eyes were fixed on the window looking at the outside world as if her life depended on it.

Meanwhile, Zorawar thinking about their encounter, he was just getting out of the hospital after meeting up with his friend Fahad, he suddenly caught sight of the same girl whom he saw in the hospital room. In that room, she had looked composed and put together, but now, her appearance was drastically different. Her disheveled hair cascaded down her shoulders, and she had abandoned the customary dupatta around her head, instead clutching it tightly in her hand. She was running in distress, constantly looking back in fear.

Driven by an instinct to help, Zorawar rushed towards her. Just as she lost her balance and was about to fall, he reached out to steady her. However, when he gazed at her face up close, he was awestruck. Her eyes were filled with an exquisite mix of determination and vulnerability, and her disheveled state only added to her captivating presence. Despite the chaos around them, at that moment, his world seemed to revolve around her striking beauty and the intensity in her eyes.

Suddenly his phone rang getting him out of his trance, he motioned to answer it, drawing Noor's attention away from the window, A flicker of recognition crossed her face, wondering if she heard the same ringtone in a hospital room, was he there?

'Anyone can have the same ringtone noor' her conscious mind said

"Hello," he answered the phone while glancing at the rearview mirror his breath hitched seeing that her gaze was fixed on him and suddenly she looked at the rearview mirror and his hazel brown eyes met with hazel green ones.

"Hello Sir, are you there?" Suddenly Zorawar heard his assistant voice, he looked away from the mirror and gave his attention to the phone.

"Yes, speak," Zorawar said

Meanwhile, Noor again gazed at the window feeling embarassing and hot by this suddenly intimating encounter.

"Sir, aap kaha ho?" Haider asked him.

"Gaari mein, Malik haveli ki aur jaa raha tha jara, bata kya baat hain?" Zorawar questioned him and Haider got attentive at Malik's mention because he knows how much anger Zorawar got when he got to know about the marriage proposal.

"k-kyu?" Haider stuttered.

"Bass aise hi kuch kaam tha, aa kar batata hu," Zorawar said with his authoritative voice.

"Aapkey sath koi bodyguard bhi nhi gaye," Haider said in a low voice

"Haider abhi itna bhi Buddha nahi hua hun main ki khud ko bhi na sambal paau"

"Lekin-" Haider was saying something but got cut by Zorawar

"Boldiya na ek baar, rakh abhi phone," Zorawar said in a gritted tone and hung up the phone.

He then threw his phone beside his seat and again glanced at the rearview mirror to see what Noor was up to.

His breath got hitched looking at her sleeping face, his body immediately got relaxed after seeing it but Noor was frowning in sleep.

'maybe a bad dream' Zorawar thought, and focused on driving again.

As the sun started to set they reached Malik Haveli, Noor was peacefully sleeping, Zorawar didn't have any slight interest in waking her up but he had to as they reached their destination.

"Noor" Zorawar called but Noor didn't even budge by it.

'now what should I do' Zorawar thought,

He got a brilliant idea and he switched off the AC so that she'd get heat and she would wake up.
After some time Noor stirred in sleep and immediately woke up and started seeing the surroundings, Zorawar was looking at her he immediately looked other side as she opened her eyes.

"Hum pohach gaye, jaao abh andar" Zorawar said to her, she nodded and started getting out of the car
As Zorawar thought she would go inside, she came to his side of the car and knocked on the window, Zorawar slid down the window and looked at her in amusement, it didn't go unnoticed by noor.

"Woh- jee-" Noor was stuttering.

'Noor tu itna bakwaas karti hain yaha waha, inke saamne kya hora hain tujhe, kaha gayi himmat' she went on her thoughts
And then Zorawar shoved hands in front of her face and she came back to her senses.

'jee- woh shukriya' she hurriedly said and ran inside the gate of haveli.

By the time Zorawar processed what happened she was already inside of the haveli. He chuckled

'ki hogya hain Zorawar, thoda toh sharam kar'
He mumbled to himself.

Meanwhile, the worn-out Noor staggered toward the doors, her chest heaving as she dropped to her knees, gasping for breath after her frantic sprint.
She straightened herself took a deep breath and started to open the door.

She opened and leaned against the door, deep in thought, reflecting on the tumultuous events of the day. A sudden surge of emotions brought his face to the forefront of her mind, she closed her eyes and softly mumbled
'Zorawar Alam Shah'.

she immediately went to the kitchen to find her Ezzah bhabhi as soon as she found her she straight went to her and hugged her tightly.

"Kya hogya noor bachhe?" Ezzah asked her while rubbing her hands on her back

"Kuch nahi bass thak gayi bhabhi"

"Achha chalo, khaana laga rahi hu jaao kapde badal lo" Ezzah said while breaking the hug.

Before retreating to her room an unexpected impulse led her to ask Ezzah "Woh ladke ka kya naam bataya tha aapne bhabhi, jisko rishta bheja tha Aaliya ke liye"

"Zorawar Alam Shah," Ezzah replied, causing Noor's eyes to widen in surprise.

"Kyu, kya hua?" Ezzah inquired.

"Nahi, bass yuhin" Noor replied and immediately went to her room.

'Are they the same person? Anyone can have the same name right?' Noor thought and retreated

In her room, an unexplainable impulse drew Noor towards the window, she hesitantly approached the window, fingers trembling as she slowly slid the curtain aside. A jolt of surprise coursed through her as she beheld Zorawar, leaning against his car, his eyes sealed shut in quiet repose.

Her breath caught in her throat as Zorawar unexpectedly glanced up, their eyes locking for an intense moment. Caught off guard, a rush of adrenaline made Noor instinctively dart behind the curtain, her heart pounding fiercely against her ribs.

A soft chuckle echoed through the air, emanating from Zorawar as he observed her reaction with an amused twinkle in his eyes.

Zorawar retreated inside the car and started driving meanwhile Noor was just looking at him driving away until he disappeared.

*******************************************

Sorry for the late updates lovely people.
I'll try to update frequently, let me know how I did this far.

Please go through the previous chapters I made some changes.

Ilysm, take care.