7.

na thī haal kī jab hameñ apne ḳhabar rahe dekhte auroñ ke aib o hunar
paḌī apnī burā.iyoñ par jo nazar to nigāh meñ koī burā na rahā

نہ تھی حال کی جب ہمیں اپنے خبر رہے دیکھتے اوروں کے عیب و ہنر
پڑی اپنی برائیوں پر جو نظر تو نگاہ میں کوئی برا نہ رہا

•••

Zorawar briskly approached the grand gate of the haveli, handing his car keys to a worker for parking. he headed straight to his chamber. Known for his commanding demeanor, Zorawar's cold personality rarely betrayed any emotion. Today, however, his eyes sparkled with an unusual amount of amusement, his thoughts consumed by that particular girl, NOOR.

Before retreating to his room, he entertained the idea of tending to pending work in his office. However, a profound unease lingered, distracting him as he opened the lock of door without seeing which room it concealed The moment his eyes met with the interior, his face drained of color. A flood of haunting memories cascaded through his mind, evoking a surge of anxiety and in a hurry he shut the door and went to his own room.

The rush of emotions left Zorawar drenched in sweat, he hurried into the shower, hoping to wash away the haunting memories. As the water washed over him, he longed to rid his mind of the unsettling thoughts. Emerging from shower he straight went to balcony
where he lit a cigarette, seeking a moment of calm amidst the storm within.

He took a long puff and as the smoke enveloped him, he momentarily escaped from his thoughts or concerns, he looked up and mumbled 'kyun mujhe aisey bebas karke chali gayi tum?'

After some time he closed his eyes for solace but a girl in a disheveled state, clutching her dupatta tightly in her hand, running as if her life depends on it, repeatedly glancing behind in fear came into his mind and a smile made at his face remembering the girl he met - NOOR

"NO, NO, NO, NO, IT'S WRONG IT'S FUCKING WRONG, IT CAN'T HAPPEN IT'S WRONG IT'S FUCKING WRONG HOW CAN SHE COME INTO MY MIND' he screamed at top of his lungs and kicked beside chair

"I just helped her, agar uske jagah koi aur bhi hota toh mai yehin karta, yehin karta na? He questioned himself and sat on a chair with a thud.

"Yes i just helped her, and nothing else" he answered himself

"Then why the fuck i smiled and chuckled at her thought?" Zorawar again questioned himself and raked his fingers through his hair.

"It's nothing I can't let that happen again, I can't like someone, I don't deserve to like someone" with that he got out from his room and went to his son's room.

Zorawar stood by his son's bedside, observing the peaceful sight of Zain clutching his beloved teddy bear in a tight embrace. With a tender touch, Zorawar ran his fingers through Zain's hair, gently releasing the teddy bear from the little one's grasp. Carefully settling into the small bed, Zorawar pulled Zain close, enveloping him in a warm hug. Soon sleep engulfed him.

That's how Zorawar's life had settled into a routine since 5 years, revolved around the demands of his work and the unwavering dedication to his son, Zain. The hustle and bustle of his professional life consumed his days, leaving no room to think about his past.
upon returning home, Zorawar's focus shifted entirely to nurturing his bond with Zain.