Chapter 2

Salman Begum ( POV )

" Anwar ...I think it's time. You should let her know the truth. " I told him again but something is stopping him from doing that.

" Bhabi....I will tell her soon. Poor child can she handle the truth ? " he asked like Meerab is some ten year old kid

" She is not a kid anymore...and the way Waqas ( Meerab's father) lets her do whatever she likes to do...I think we need to stop that. " I told him. Waqas has no discipline for that girl at all. 

" That we need to sit with him and talk about some rules .. can't let our khandan ki beti do whatever she wants. " he responded, well since he is not ready I will not force it on him.

" Are murtasim...where are you going? " asked Anwar and I saw my son standing there with his files. Hope he has not heard us.

" Chachu ( uncle ) I am going to court to see the condition of our recent case ...we need that land ....that belonged to my father. " he said still writing something on the file.

" That small land...not even fertile..why waste money behind it ? " asked Anwar to him. " Meri hain...( That's mine) " he said looking up from his file. " It was my father's land ..now mine . And you know I don't let people take what's mine. " he said in a calm voice.

" Should I accompany you? " asked Anwar to him. " No , I can handle it myself...not a big deal. " he said calmly...I know my boy is very smart. He can do anything.

" Guests are going to be here ....I should see you at the dinner table. " I told him since he always makes work his main excuse to avoid guests.

" Ji....Ammi Khuda Hafiz... chachu...Khuda Hafiz" he said and before I could reply he left. My boy ...my pride .....pride of my family...always busy with work.

" Anwar ...I think it's time we should start looking for a bride for
murtasim. " I told him. " Do you have anyone in your mind ? " asked while taking the tea cup from the table.

" That I have...." I told him . I have someone in my mind but I can't just say it now. Have to make a situation for that to happen.

Meerab (POV)

We are at last in ' Begum Mahal ' it has such a huge entrance. As our call rolled in ..I saw that huge building...that royal building standing with its glory.

To others it may be grand but I know how colourless and lonely it is here. It's like a huge cage ..if you ask me one I would really avoid if I get a chance.

It's working hours ....hope I don't have to see Mr Rude as soon as I get in. Hope he is not at home. It was a long ride...all I want is to take a shower and rest for sometime.

Baba has pulled the car near the entrance and we all got out of the car. Finally I am here...back . Must say that fountain has made the entrance more beautiful.

" Assalam-o-alaikum..." I heard someone saying that and I know that voice too well. I turned around and saw the person I didn't wanted to see here ... Murtasim.

My parents has already replied to him and are talking with him. He is in his suit...must be going out somewhere. His eyes finally landed on me and we just gave each other a nod.

" Going court beta ? " asked my father to him. " Yes chachu....have to go ...you know that case right ? " said Murtasim.

" yes , yes ....that land matter. I see it's still going on ..... should I come with you ? " asked baba to him.

" It's fine I can handle it....ammi must be waiting for you all...you go and rest. I will see you soon. " he said few more words and left.

" Such a sweet boy. " said my mother. And I don't know why she thinks he is sweet...funny. we all again started moving. This place is so big and old fashioned... everything screams royalty here.

As we walked in the hall room. We saw our father's legendary ' Bhabhi begum ' sitting on a chair like it's her throne. And Anwar chachu sitting like minister of the royal court.

It's a sight I must say ....my mother pinched me so I hurriedly showed my respects to the elders. They shared some plasentaries.

" Rukshana .....show meraab her room. Beta you go and take some rest ....let us talk about something about the upcoming party . " said Maa Begum in a commanding voice.

" Can I go and meet with Mariam? " I asked her. " yes she is in her room..just got back from college. " she said , I gave her a nod and walked out of that room.

I let Rukshana take my suitcase in my room. Now I will go and look for Mariam...I have so much to talk with her.

It has been a year that I wasn't here...longest time. But I still know the where Haya and Mariam sleeps. I quickly found the room and knocked in the door.

" Hain..... Meerab. " Mariam almost screamed looking at me. And I am glad she was the one who came to receive me.

" Birthday girl...how are you ? " I asked and she said " I am fine...get
in. " she let me in her room. As I walked in her room I say haya putting nailpolish in her fingers.

She is so busy that she didn't notice me getting in the room. " who is it...tum. " she said looking towards me ... disappointment is so visible in her eyes.

" How are you haya ? " I asked her. I don't want any problems with her now. " was fine.. before you decided to show up. " she said and left the room with that angry face.

" Forget her...I have made a new painting let me show you that. " Said Mariam is hurrying to get her drawing book. Like my passion is dance , Mariam loves to paint ...but I don't know staying here how much she can persuade her dreams.

You're not allowed to do anything you like , even they have put guards in our dreams...such a strange place. Hope the birthday party gets over soon and I can go home. I don't wish to stay here more than that.