Chapter 5

Meerab [ POV ]

Everyone become very happy looking at the things we bought for mariam's birthday. Even Bari begum sat down with her dress to see which jewellery will go with it. I am very happy that she like it. I took the kurta that I bought for Waqas uncle and stood Infront of him. 

He was doing some work in his phone , he looked up " yes beta ? " he asked , his eyes are really curious. " I brought it for you ...hope you like it. " I told him. He looked surprised " For me ..?" he placed his phone in his pocket and took the kurta. 

" Thank you so much beta . " he said , his voice is very overwhelmed. " You are welcome ...hope you like it. " I told him. I really bought one cause I thought he was missing out . And now I want to be little in his good books so he doesn't stop me from achieving my dreams. I know that's little wicked but its about my dreams. 

" I liked it very much ...thank you beta. " he said with a smile. He stays with Bari begum and his face remains stiff but when he smiles he actually looks like a kind elder.  " Bhabi begum in the age of giving gifts I am receiving gifts..." he joked and I never knew that he can do that. 

" Must say waqas has raised a lovely daugher ..." said Bari begum [ Bhabi begum , I call her bari begum ] . And here I thought she once said that my abbu has ruined me with too much love. Abbu smiled towards me with a proud smile and well that's enough for me. 

Since everything is done ,let me in my room . I am really tired from all that walking. I need dome rest and clear my mind. 

" Beta I need to talk with you. " said Abbu , well he sounds serious. " yes ..." I nodded and as we were leaving murtasim stopped him. Can't he let the father and daughter have some time to talk ? , all good impression I have of him just disappeared.  

" Sorry for the disturbance....but uncle my lawyer wants to talk about the case , even the defence lawyer is coming...can you please come with me ? I need help. " he said to Abbu. He thought about it and said " well meerab I will talk with you later. lets go murtasim . " he said and that happens everytime. 

Even when we were little abbu used to listen murtasim more than me. He would believe him more than me. And I used to get very angry on him for that but I guess we all grew up and I am still trying. " I can wait a little if its important. " said murtasim. " No it can wait. " said abbu and together they left. well , I think I have to wait to know about it. 

Mariam [ POV ] 

" Haya that smells delicious...what are you  cooking ? " I asked haya who is working in the kitchen since when we got back from the mall. The whole kitchen is filled with delicious smell of food. she was busy chopping onions she looked up and told " I made biriyani , mutton , fried chicken and kheer. " she said wiping her tears. 

" wow so much food...whats the occasion haya ? " I asked her. She made everything that murtasim bhai likes to it. Like its not clear enough about what she wants but I still want to know what she is thinking about. 

" Meerab thinks she can wins hearts by buying gifts for the family and marry in this family. But she doesn't know that its not enough marry in this family. " she said and again she and her fantasy world. If you ask me bhai will be the last person that meerab would want to marry. 

" Maa begum will only select the girl who can fit in the role of next bahu begum of the mahal. someone who cooks for murtasim , cares for him. And I will show her that I am better than meerab. " she said fully determined to win like its a competition and the prize is my brother. 

" You know meerab doesn't want to marry bhai...its all in your head. " I told her. she has started to make the raita. " Your are so innocent mariam....she is trying so hard to please Murtasim. choosing clothes for him, buying uncle and bari ammi dresses. But I will not let her succeed in her mission. " she said with anger in her voice. 

" what if bhai says no ? " I asked her. " Are you my sister or my enemy ? " she asked looking really mad at me. " From childhood I have protected you , took your side ...you think I am your enemy haya ? Bhai has never shown any interest in you ..that's why I am preparing you for the future problems. " I told her. 

" Oh don't worry murtasim will marry the girl bari mami wants him to marry . And once I become begum of the mahal he will accept me. " she said confidently. Sometimes I wonder what she wants more bhai or to be begum of the mahal..the power. 

" Now go don't disturb me , let me cook in peace. " she said. well I tried my best to explain her but I don't think she is ready to listen me. I better go and talk with meerab better than standing here and listen her bad mouth about meerab. 

Anil [ POV ] 

" I understand that you want to be part of her life. But if not explained nicely than things can go south....so let me explain her first. " I told waqas. 

" Do you think that she will forgive me ? " he asked me. That even I don't know but all we can do is try. " We can try ...lets hope for the best. But promise me you will not throw me out of my daughters life. You will let me be part of her life. " I asked him. I need that promise from him. I need it for me and my wife. " I promise. " he said .