Chapter 4

Meerab ( POV )

Mariam found a really lovely dress for herself, It's deep blue in colour and will look really nice on her. Now we have to find matching jewellery for her.

Haya found a green salwar for her and now both of them went came to Murtasim to persuade him to buy him a new cloths. He first refused to buy but Mariam insisted...so he agreed.

We walked into the man's section. He stood and Mariam and Haya immediately started looking for coats and shirts for him. Making him try a strange color shirts with off colour coats... which doesn't look good on him.

But if you ask me he would look much better in sherwani than in shirt and coat. Even he is not happy with what they are selecting for him. But I didn't say anything. I have teased haya enough...I don't want to bother her anymore. If she wants to select something for murtasim she can.

And if they are really future couples than it will be a nice bonding moment for them. So I started to look for sherwani for dad. With my saved up money I will buy him something nice.

He never buys anything for himself. And I should buy something for ammi too. Since she has already brought her dress I will buy her matching jhumka for her.

" Bhai , you don't seem to like anything here. " Said Mariam with a disappointed look on her face.

" I told you I don't need any new dress. I have plenty. " Said Murtasim. He is really fed up with all this waiting and walking around the mall with two high spirited girls. I do pity his future.

" Murtasim look isn't it nice. " Said haya showing one red shirt , well it was nice but it wasn't going well with the light green coat she was holding.

As they were selecting cloths for him , I selected one peach green sherwani for my dad. He will look nice in it , it has a nice embroidery work in it. The colour isn't rich , so it will suit his taste.

" Is that for bhai meerab. " Asked Mariam, since I have not told for whom I was shopping she misunderstood. I was about to tell her the truth but got interrupted by Haya.

" That colour will never suit Murtasim. Your taste in clothes is so bad. And here she thinks she can select clothes for others. " Said haya in a mocking tone. I didn't want to do it but she started it.

" Mariam it's for my dad. I am planning to gift it to him for the
party. " I told Mariam. " That's so sweet of you meerab. " Said Mariam with a smile, she closely inspected the
sherwani and said " It's amazing. "

" As for Murtasim...I think...." I looked around the room and found the one perfect for him. It's black in colour and judging his personality...it will suit him.

" It's so gorgeous

" It's so gorgeous...Bhai will look so nice in it. " Said Mariam with a smile . But haya isn't very excited about it.

" Murtasim will not like the colour. And it will not suit him at all. " Said haya making a face. So I decided to ask murtasim.

" What do you think murtasim? " I asked him. He was looking at the dress , a faint smile appeared on his lips. " Well , not bad. " he said and I knew he will like it.

He tried it on and he looked royal in it. " Bhai you look so good in it. " Said Mariam looking impressed. Haya didn't say anything. He looked towards me and I think I should say something. 

" You look good in it murtasim. " I told him. " Thank you. " he said , he then looked into the mirror and I think he liked it.

so...he bought it. I paid for my father's sherwani and headed out to buy saree for me. Their was special section for sarees.

Mariam went to buy her matching jewelleries and dragged haya with her. Since Murtasim was already tired he decided to just sit with me in the saree shop

I had seen many colorful saree but nothing caught my attention. And murtasim isn't helping either. So I had to ask for help. " Which color do you think will look nice on me ? " I asked him showing the sarees.

He looked down and thought about it seriously. Than showed a saree pink in colour with white stone design. It's really beautiful. I liked it so much that I didn't waste another minute and bought it.

Since I was done shopping, we decided to wait for those girls in the food court. It was lunch time anyway. He ordered coffee for us. But the silence remained .

" So what are you doing recently? " asked Murtasim trying to break the silence. Well I don't know if it's wise to tell him but I decided to do it anyway.

" I am planning to do my PhD on Dance. So after mariam's birthday I will be leaving to focus on doing my work. " I told him and he just nodded but by his expression I know he isn't impressed. But like I care.

" Dad is going to talk with maa begum about it. Hope she agrees. " I added with my previous statement. " Hope so. " Said Murtasim and we didn't said anything else. Hope maa begum agrees.

Waqas ( POV )

" Waqas you know what our family reputation is ...how can you encourage her to do such thing ? " Asked Bahu begum.

" I tried to discourage her but she really likes to dance ..let her do it please. " I requested them , since that's all I can do.

" Listen him talk.... Waqas don't forget she is not your daughter. She is daughter of this family....she is Anwars daughter. You were given her responsibility for some time...not forever. " She said with a harsh tone.

Anwar and dad...the person who threw his daughter to a stranger....not wanting her at all. Now that I grew up with her up as my daughter....he wants her back.

" She has grown up with independence...she is self independent girl. If you try to cage her she will never accept you as her own. " I tried to explain her the situation.

" You just ruined her with extra love...here with proper decipline and rules she will be fine. " Said Bhabi begum. Once she makes up her mind their is no one changing it.

" And what if she doesn't want to stay here with you people. Even if I don't let her back in my house...she is capable enough to stay alone...so don't you think that if I abond her she will be submissive. " I warned Bhabi begum.

" That I have decided....I have a plan in my mind. And you will see how we make her a proper lady. " Said Bhabi begum.

I need to talk with Anwar, cause bhabhi begum is beyond explanation. And as for taming meerab...I feel so bad bhabhi begum. Meerab is my daughter...my independent daughter...let's see what happens.

Word meaning

1. Bhabi: Sister in law.
2. Ammi : Mother.
3. Bhai : Brother.