Chapter 8

Meerab ( POV )

I stayed with saba. Ammi called me but I told her that I will meet with her after the program. The program is today. Finally after so many days I will dance again.

I did my makeup and everything. Saba is hosting the show. First rohail has a performance and than my turn. Than we have a duet performance. I practiced with him yesterday.

And I think we can do it today , I just need to believe in myself. I can do it. It's a huge crowd today , other performers are also doing good. Hope it goes well.

Saba ( POV )

" Rohail, be ready. Next it's your
turn. " I told him. He is still getting ready. " Yes , I am very excited today. " he said and pulled a small box out of his pocket.

" Finally today I will tell meerab how I feel about her. " he said looking towards the box. He has crush on meerab since first semester.

And today , he finally is going to propose her. " Well I wish you all the best. " I told him. I don't know if it's a good idea or not.

I know even if I say no to him he is going to do it anyway. Now meerab will decide what he gets in his fortune.

" Now , get ready. " I told him , I have to hurry back to the stage.

Meerab ( POV)

Rohail did his performance. Now it's my turn. Saba called my name. I walked in the stage. I did so many stage performance but still my heart is little nervous.

Their is cheering noise , clapping noise. But admist of all the sound that is important to me is the music. If I can feel the music than I can dance with my heart.

12 minutes later

My first performance came to an end . Now I have a group performance with rohail. Before that another performer will perform. Now I have time to rest a little.

" Water..." Said saba handing me a bottle of water and then she sat down next to me. " Thanks...was it good? " I asked her.

" As usual you rocked it. " she said , well hope my next performance goes well too. Saba is sitting cause now second host is hosting and she is on a break.

" Meerab..you need .." saba wanted to say something but the second host called my name . " I will talk to you later..." I told her and rushed towards the stage.

Rohail is sitting with his guitar on the stage. It will be live singing and dancing performance. Rohail selected a romantic song . And I am sure people are going to like it.

Mariam ( POV )

" Are we seriously doing this ? Going to meet with the girl who literally ran away at the thought of marrying
me ? " asked Murtasim Bhai .

" She is like family murtasim. And bhabi begum wants her back in the mahal. " Said Anwar uncle. Why I came with them ? Well , I just wanted to meet with her.

" Like family...she is not family. And by the vibes I got from her ...she doesn't want to be a family. Than why force her ? " Asked Murtasim Bhai but uncle made no reply.

" And when she is not happy with the marriage proposal than why force her ? Even I don't even want to marry
her. " said murtasim Bhai. Haya would have loved to hear it.

She was so upset at the thought that they were going to bring back meerab with them. She wanted to come but maa begum stopped her.

" Bhabi begum can is the one who has decided for the family for long time. And I am sure she will not take a bad decision. " said Anwar uncle.

Well , I can't imagine Bhai and Meerab together, it's going to be such a fighting couple I tell you. We are in the car for a long time.

But the road here seems little busy. " Some sort of concert is going on." Said Murtasim Bhai looking out. As our car moved little forward, we could see the stage from our car.

Think it's a live show. Someone is singing and a girl is dancing. Her moved are flawless, I can only see her back . Now that she turned towards her I could see her face properly....it's Meerab.

Meerab ( POV )

As the music stopped I ended my final move and faced the crowd and the first person whom I saw was Murtasim...am I imagining things ? No.

Murtasim, Anwar uncle and Mariam , all three are standing there. Before murtasim does anything stupid infront of the crowd, I left the stage in hurry.

I think little performance was left cause rohail was still on stage but I haven't waited for him. Saba was in the greenroom, she saw me coming in.

" What happened meerab ? You okay ? " She asked all concerned. I nodded and drank some water and told her what I saw. Before I could finish we heard a knock.

Saba went and opened the door. Anwar uncle and murtasim came in the greenroom. I told saba to wait outside.

" What are you doing here ? " asked Anwar uncle to me. " Came here to perform...this is a concert. " I told him directly.

" You're future daughter in law of Begum mahal and you're doing concerts on streets.. " he said with an angry tone. Like why he thinks himself eligible to scold me ?

" I am not, and please leave, it's not right for outsiders to walk in green room. " I told them , really fed up of them trying to control my life.

" Your parents knows that you're here ? " asked Anwar uncle. " Yes , I have told them. " I ensured him.

" Let's go home. " he said and turned to walk out. " I have to stay little bit longer , you guys can leave. " I told them.

" Murtasim bring her .." said Anwar uncle and left. Murtasim holded my hand and dragged me behind him.

" Don't touch my hand..." I said loudly and he let my hand go. " I am not your bride , so don't touch me. " I warned him .

" Even I don't want to touch you but can we not do it here. " he said in a serious tone. " Well , I am coming with you . You don't have to drag me with you. " I told him.

He didn't touch my hand again. We both walked out of the green room and walked out of the changing room .I could see his car in distance.

As I climbed in the car I saw Mariam. I gave her a sweet hug. I sat down on the back seat with her. Murtasim started the car and driving again.

Anwar uncle kept lecturing about how decent girl behave and how I am not one of them. He is going to talk about it I don't care about it.

Murtasim is driving his car. He said nothing else . Hope our wedding gets cancelled soon .