Chapter 9: Calm Before The Storm

When I woke up, I noticed my body was covered in a thin layer of cold sweat. Uuuuugh, not this again. At least it was a dream. And at least my dream had both the dreamY Chad and the SMEXY Jasper in it. At least my dreams weren't too bad last night, all thanks to him! I mean I did wake up before anything bad happened which is much better than seeing him get shot. When I came back to my senses, I started to panic because I didn't know where Chad was. I looked around frantically and felt my chest close in on itself. I felt so scared and alone, maybe I was still stuck in a dream. Thankfully Chad came back into the room before I could have a heart attack. He looked at me concerned and walked over. He looked so handsome. I guess he had a shower. Although I did love his normal smell of B.O and Axe body spray, his after shower scent was so appealing to my nostrils. His smooth black hair was dampp and hung down in front of his face, hiding his beautiful hazel eyes. His shirt stuck to him, showing off the outlines of his wet muscular body. I sat up on the side of the bed to talk to him. He put his arms down beside my legs and leaned in closer to my face. He stared directly at me, not even bothering to blink.

"S-Sorry Chad." I said nervously. "I-I didn't get t-to thank y-y-you for everything last night." He raised his hand to my cheek, I flinched on instinct but he just massaged it gently.

"It's fine princess. I'll forgive you, on one condition though." He said, bringing his hand over to my neck. "We'll never speak about this ever again. Last night didn't happen, none of what I did or said matters now. I wasn't blushing and I didn't beg for you to k!$$ me, UNDERSTAND?!" He gripped my neck harshly. I nodded, feeling the warmth spread through my body. I was getting a little worried last night, but now we're back to normal Chad. As much as I was scared I loved being crushed by his muscular figure. He removed his hand and gently pulled me off of the bed. "Come on, I made breakfast for you." He said dreamily and dragged me downstairs.

I was about to reach for the soda on the table when Chad grabbed me and handed me a cup of water. "This would probably be better for you after what happened last night." Aww he does care about my health, he even had some moldy fruits cut up for me. He knows how much I like them. There was also some eggs, bacon, sausages, salmon on an everything bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese and pickled red onions and diced tomatoes and capers on top with salt and pepper sprinkled on top. All of it looked so good and I couldn't wait to dig in! Chad forced me to take small bites and chew my food slower in case I threw up again. It was so painfully annoying. I get he cares about me but he doesn't need to that much. He's starting to feel like Cory just for that. Speaking of Cory I decided to check my phone to see if he texted me. I saw a message that read: Hey we're leaving now. Just wanted to check in on you one last time even if you're not here. I wanted to say that I'm sorry if I ever upset you or made you feel uncomfortable. Being away from you for a while has made me forget how you act and what you really like. I should've thought of that but it doesn't change what you did and what you said to me and especially Serafina. No matter whether you like her or not, nothing will stop me from loving her and eventually marrying her. Even so, even if I'm extremely angry at you right now. I still think you deserve a good life and if us leaving for a couple of weeks or months helps then I'll be glad. Please be safe while we're gone and take good care of yourself and your friends (especially your new boyfriend 🫠😵‍💫). Anyways I love you and I'm sure Serafina and you will accept each other someday. I'll still text you from time to time but I promise not to disturb you too much. Goodbye 👋. I felt a bit sentimental after reading that but mainly because my life would finally go back to normal. No more stupid interference and lectures about school. No more stupid, pathetic, irritating and loud Serafina. This is great. I kicked my legs up on the table and sighed happily. "Everything okay, kitten?" Chad said, eating his eggs.

"Y-Y-Yeah, just s-s-saw something th-that made me h-happy! My b-b-brother's g-g-g-g-gone!" I smiled excitedly and scarfed down my meat.

"Ahh, so then I can come over whenever I want?" He asked slyly. I nodded and blushed profusely. He laughed and cleaned off the table when we were done eating. I got up and walked towards the front door.