Chapter IV

Imagine Kaiser getting a Bavarian accent, and then he says smth along the lines of 'Hast du dich verlaufen, Honigsahne?' (Basically,'Are you lost, baby girl?)😭😭☠️☠️

'I am so tired.' The girl thought as she collapsed on the ground once she finished the training Ego had given them. (Y/n) wasn't sure what Ego's deal was, but the man was some sort of sadist for all the exercises he put them through. Barou, who was standing close by walked up to her, having his usual bored expression on his face.
"Here. How did you already get tired?" The taller asked as (Y/n) gratefully took the water bottle from him. Barou kept silent as he watched the girl take a few sips of water, taking a few deep breaths, and looked up at Barou, again.
"I am just not used to these sorts of exercises, even if it's been 3 days since we have been doing them." (Y/n) admitted, getting up from the ground.
"Did you never do any warm-ups before playing?"
"Just the basics." She shrugged and went back to the treadmill, leaving Barou behind.
"Thanks for the water, again." She called out, going back to finish her round.

The same day, a little later, the training for the day had finished, and (Y/n) was ready to call the quits for the day. But, she sadly had to stay awake after her team fell asleep to take a shower.
'This is such a pain, but I can't risk people finding out I am not a guy. Some sacrifices need to be made6 this case. It's my sleep, tho.' (Y/n) thought as she yawned and looked at her food for the first time in a while, not having a real appetite. Which was a weird thing, she mused. Usually, she was always the first one to finish her food compared to Nagi and Reo.
'Nagi, Reo, I wonder if they had passed the entrance exam. What teams are they even on?' She thought, slowly eating the the food as she glanced at the door from time to time.

"Well, looks like tonight I am eating alone. Those two are nowhere to be found, and Barou opted to take a shower before eating." She mumbled sadly but stopped in her tracks when the door opened, and she noticed a somewhat familiar figure walk into the hall.
'That's... it's that guy Kira was talking to!' (Y/n) thought as she spotted the blue-eyed boy, who went to pick up his dinner. The girl, trying not to get caught, would glance at him from time to time, debating if she should walk up to him.

'Don't be stupid. What are you going to even use as a conversation starter?' (Y/n) thought, trying to look away and mind her business, but there was just something about the guy that made her curious. After a few minutes of debating with herself, (Y/n) finally gave in and took her tray, walking over to the boy.
"Can I sit here?" The blue-eyed boy glanced at her in surprise, but eventually nodded his head.
"Sure. The other chairs are unoccupied, anyway." The boy spoke softly and (Y/n) went to sit across from him. The duo ate in silence for a good few minutes, and the girl realized that she should probably be the first one to speak.

'After all, I am the one who approached him.' She thought while looking up at him.
"The past 3 days were quite interesting, am I right? The training and that entrance exam." (Y/n) spoke up, earning the boy's attention.
"Yeah, they were quite eventful. I didn't expect to get this far, but I am glad." The boy answered back, giving (Y/n) a little bit of confidence to speak again.
"By the way, I am (L/n) (Y/n). I am a member of Team X, and you?"
"Isagi Yoichi, I am in Team Z. And I know you, you are quite the hot topic among my high school football team." Isagi explained as (Y/n) blushed a little bit in embarrassment.

"Ah~ I am? I didn't expect to hear that."
"You didn't? Weren't you the one to tell Kira how you scored above him earlier?" Isagi chuckled.
"Caught me there." (Y/n) laughed along.
"But, it was more to shut him up since I wanted it to be over with Ego-san's speech. I usually try to keep to myself."
"Understandable." Isagi nodded his head.
"Well, you don't seem that bad, Kira painted a really negative picture of you back in Team Z's locker room."
"Ah? Did he? I am not that surprised. Ever since my school beat at the Nationals he started acting like that." (Y/n) said, mildly annoyed as Isagi nodded his head.