Chapter IX

A short scenario when Crossdresser!Yn saw Chigiri's sister:
Chigiri: Why are you looking at my sis like that?!
Yn, embarrassed: Sorry. But your sister is really beautiful, Chigiri.
Chigiri, panicking as he pulled her away: She is into girls. Focus your attention on me!
Yn: She is into girls?
Yn, thinking: I fail to see the issue here

⚽️
"What's up with you? You have been yawning the whole time. Did you not get much sleep last night?" Barou asked as they were left alone in the locker room. The rest of Team X left to warm up before the game, leaving the duo alone. Barou decided to use this as an opportunity to talk with the player, who looked way more jumpier than usual. Yawning again, the girl shook her head at Barou's question.

"What?! No, I am completely fine. The sleeping wasn't an issue."
'Can't be an issue when I didn't sleep at all.' She wanted to add in, but knew that Barou would give her an earful if she told him that.
"Weirdo."
"Hey!" (Y/n) said, looking mildly offended as Barou made his way out the door.
"Whatever, come on now. Let's get this game over with."
"Yeah! Let's!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she walked after him.
'I will power through this! It's not the first game I played while lacking sleep.' She thought to herself.

"And, (Y/n)..."
"Yes?"
"If there are any issues, you can talk to me." Barou sent her a concerned look for a second and then looked away. The girl's eyes widened as she walked after him in silence for a moment.
"Why... why did you say that?" She stuttered out.
"You are my teammate for now, and you are the only competent person here. Also, you are very nice to others. It would be fair to return the kindness back to you." Barou said, still not looking at her as his face turned red. (Y/n) was left speechless after the last statement. Over the past year she was called a lot of things, mean, arrogant, competitive, heartless, but kind was something she rarely ever heard from a fellow football player. From Barpu no less!

'Barou...' The girl thought, not noticing her face heat up while walking into the small stadium where Team V and the rest of Team X were.
"Thank you..." The girl smiled as she walked closer up to Barou, who avoided eye contact with her.
"There you are!"
"What took you two so long?"
"I am a little nervous about all of this..."
Some of the Team X players said as the duo joined them.

"Reo, did you see that?" Nagi asked while looking away from (Y/n) and back at Reo, who looked beyond pissed.
"I did, Nagi. Since when was he so close to other people?"
"I know. And it took him like weeks to warm up to us. Meanwhile that Barou dude and that other guy had no issues. What do they have that we don't?" For the first time in his life, Nagi felt genuinely annoyed and jealous of someone. No way will he lose to two nobodies.

"He is probably desperate to find a replacement for the two of us. Let's just finish this as soon as possible. I want to see (Y/n) defeated in every way." Reo thought, intensely glaring at both Barou and the girl.
'I see the 1st plan worked with most players, but not all of them. I need to rile him up so that they start detesting him. After that, he will have no other option than to come back to Nagi and I.' Reo thought to himself, clenching his fists at how close (Y/n) was to Barou.

(Y/n) could feel her heart beat faster as she stood across from Reo and Nagi, waiting on the signal for them to start the game. This wasn't what she had in mind when she joined Blue lock at first. Sure, she knew there was the possibility of her playing against Reo and Nagi, but not under these circumstances. She considered them her friends. One of the first people she connected with to some level, only for it all to be a lie.

'Whatever happens today is what they caused. I know that Reo will try to help others score, but as always, his main focus will be on Nagi. Come to think of it, he never bothered passing me the ball during our games.' She hummed as the siren signaled them to start the match.
'Let's go then!' She thought as one of Team X's players kicked the ball towards her, the girl didn't waste much time to run towards Team V's goal and after Barou.