Chapter 3

"Try to focus Izuku. Stop looking at her like that!"

Izuku screamed at himself mentally as he and Kendo began to stretch on the mats. Still, he couldn't help but wonder where she'd been all this time, although he never did pay attention to girls because that wasn't why he was here in UA, but this time it was different.

He was gaining more and more control over One for All, so could he afford to step off the gas for a bit? Absolutely.

"You're way more flexible than you look" Kendo said amazed that he was having no trouble with some stretches that even she struggled through.

"Yeah. I've trained with someone who folded me like a pretzel, so it's to be expected" Izuku replied with a small laugh.

They stretched for a bit more, before they decided it was enough.

"Okay so, hand to hand combat"

"No quirks allowed?" Izuku asked.

"Don't flatter me. I like a challenge" Kendo said with a smirk.

Izuku activated One for All to 25% and took his stance. Kendo closed the already limited distance between them and struck at him, he was easily able to move aside but had to jump as her fist enlarged at the last moment.

That was a pretty genius idea, and he was already thinking of adding her to his hero journal ... for quirk purposes of course. They continued to strike at each other, until Izuku tripped her and tried flipping her to the mat, but she countered and used her enlarged hands to grab onto him and reverse the flip, pinning him.

"That was so cool! How'd you do that?!" Izuku asked with stars in his eyes. Kendo was taken aback by his reaction, surely wasn't what she was expecting. She had always been called a 'tomboy' or 'not girly enough' just for having interests in things like martial arts and stereotypical guy stuff, so to see someone actually praising her was a welcome change.

"I-I used to take judo classes in middle school. Although that stopped when I came to UA, you really think it was cool?"

Izuku noticed the slight waver in her voice, it was as if she was anxious.

"Yeah. Who wouldn't be impressed? You're an amazing fighter, and even with my quirk you were still able to win"
Kendo looked down feeling happy.

"Actually not everyone sees it that way. Most of my middle school I was ridiculed for not being girly enough, or for having 'man hands' as they say. It was my biggest insecurity growing up, but I decided to leave all that behind. Screw them"

"Yeah. Screw them" Izuku said laughing.

"I'd like to do this again, if you want we could become training partners"

"Really? You're okay with me?" Kendo asked surprised.

"Yeah. We could help each other more than you think. So you in?"

"I'm in" she said as the shook hands.

"They're so soft"
-
Kendo stumbled into the class B dorms with a very tired look.

"Okay ... maybe telling Midoriya to go harder wasn't the best idea"

She was slightly hunched over holding her back, and her choice of words left more than half of her classmates choke at the implication.

"AYO! Did you two do the thing?!" Tetsutetsu asked in a loud voice.

"Of course not! It was training you idiot!" Kendo snapped back.

How on earth did they think towards that direction?

"Well your choice of words left alot to imagine" said a piece of Tokage's face - her mouth specifically.