Chapter 8

- KAT'S POV-

I look down and calmly pulls the knife out of my fake leg.

"Wrong leg fucker," I say kicking Dick in the ribs. A pair of men pick him up and walk him out of the bar. Me and the guys sit down in the booth.

"Are you okay?" Nick asks.

"I'm fine, now lets talk more about the investigation. When do you guys want to do it?" I ask trying to change the subject. It works. We go on for a while longer talking about equipment and time. About twenty minutes in Zach fell asleep on me. I gently shrugged him off and onto the table, where he stayed until we were done. Shelly told me she had a paper to finish and a test to study for so she was going home. Aaron decided it was best for him to go too so he could "protect" Shell. Nick and I stayed until the the bar closed, then we picked up and headed home.

"Here, lets just put him on the couch," I whispered rolling him onto our blue couch. I grabbed a pillow and a throw and tucked him in. I say there for longer than was necessary and stared at him. He was so peaceful when he slept. Almost as if he was a different person.

" You really like him don't you?" Nick says behind me. I smile to myself. I guess I do.

"But what he did today was irresponsible and immature. I'm not forgiving him for it." I retort. I look over to Nick and he sighs.

"One day he's going to be gone, and you won't get any farther than what's going on here and now. If you stay this way he's going to move on. Yes he can be immature, but he's learning," Nick sits down next to me, " you need to give him a second chance before you ruin it. He's had his heart broken before and has had a hard time recently. I promise you that he can be strong and mature, just let him warm up to you a little more." He stands up and leaves to the kitchen. I look back down at Zach. Maybe he's right. I just need to give him a second chance. I kiss him on the forehead and go up to my room. I walk past Shell's room and see the door is open a crack. I peek in and see her and Aaron in bed together, along with their clothes strewn across the room. I laugh a little to myself and continue to my room. I take my fake leg off and flip onto my bed. Today was exhausting! There more drama than I've had in my entire life! I hope it doesn't stay like that. As I bury myself under my covers I slip into a calm and restless sleep.

-THIRD PERSON POV-

What Kat, or anyone in that house knew, was that someone was watching them. Kat and Shelly never really looked into the history of their house, so they wouldn't know that someone died there. They should have not used by now with the randomly broken windows and glasses. Not even the voices phased them. They assumed it was the wind. And Kat barely thought anything of the nightmares she's had for the past couple of weeks. Tonight the ghost was at it again. She climbed I to the deepest corners of Kat's mind and surfaced her biggest fears.

-ZACH'S POV-

I wake up to the sound of someone's muffled screams coming from upstairs. I grabbed the heaviest thing next to me and headed up the stairs. I walked past what I assumed was Shelly's room and to Kat's. I peeked my head in and saw her face up in her bed clutching the sheets. She had the look of pure fear on her face. I run over to her side and shake her awake.

"Kat. Kat what's wrong?" I whisper trying not to wake anyone else up. She looks up at me and tears streak her face. She buries her face into my chest, silently sobbing.

"It was terrifying. They were all over the place, surrounding me. I thought I was a goner," she sobs.

"It's okay now, it was just a nightmare," I cooe. She looks up at me like a lost child. My heart breaks and for a split second I just want to confess everything to her. But now isn't the right time. She slowly stops crying and sits up next to me.

"Are you okay?" I ask. She nods her head.

" I'm going back to bed now," I say ad I get up. She grabs my wrist and I turn around. A look of embarrassment crosses her face.

"Can you stay here? With me?" Kat whispers. I sit back down and she opens up the covers for me. I notice her leg and try not to stare.

"It gets cold sometimes," she mumbles. I climb in and she cuddles up next to me. In no time she falls back asleep. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps.