Chapter 7

Paisley unzipped her suitcase and changed into black silky pajama pants and a matching shirt. She made her way to the bathroom, she turned on the sink as she grabbed a washcloth washing away the makeup on her face. She then went over to the large bed and turned on the flat-screen TV that sat propped up on a dresser. She turned the channels with the remote every channel she would turn to was primarily showcasing romance movies, she didn't know whether to take it as a sign or not from the universe.

Her fingers stopped pressing the various buttons as her favorite movie, The Notebook appeared on the screen. It was her all-time favorite romance movie, she sighed while her brown eyes were glued to the screen. A few hours passed by and her eyes started to get heavy eventually she drifted off to sleep. Paisley squinted her eyes and lifted her head from off her comfy pillow as she heard the door slowly creak open. She noticed it was Oliver who closed the door behind him as he entered the bedroom. "How was your date?" Paisley asked in a groggy voice. "It went good, we are going to hang out again tomorrow..." He said smiling ear to ear. "Great.." Paisley said while lying her head back down on her pillow as she wasn't expecting the date to go as well as it did.

Oliver had changed into his usual tank top and shorts and then made his way into the bed distanced from Paisley. They both drifted off to sleep until the next morning, the sun was already shining bright as Paisley woke up, she took a breath of fresh air as she smelled something sweet and savory which made her stomach growl. Paisley got out of bed as she moved her feet quickly on the ground towards the kitchen. The smell lingered in the kitchen, Oliver had glazed donuts, bagels, and muffins on the table.

Paisley grabbed a blueberry muffin from off the table, she took a bite as the muffin was fluffy and warm with the blueberries adding in the extra flavor. "These are delicious, where did you get these Oliver?" she asked curiously. "Good morning Paisley when I went on my date with Amber, heading back we saw a bakery that was open and I decided to get these pastries for us..." He smiled while preparing a cup of coffee. "This is so delicious!" she smiled. "You can't go wrong with a coffee with the pastry, you want sugar and cream?" Paisley replied with a nod as he asked her the question. He added two sugars and some creamer to her coffee. "What should we do today?" Paisley asked curiously. "The grocery store would be good so we can cook, and Amber can come along with us..." Oliver said. Paisley nodded not saying a word.

She finished eating her muffin. She made her way into the bathroom doing her normal routine she had to choose an outfit for today, she chose a yellow crop top and black shorts and her blond hair was down to her shoulders. She decided not to put makeup on but to keep her fake lashes. Oliver had gotten dressed as well, he had on a casual blue shirt and shorts, and his hair was gelled. "You ready to go, Paisley, Amber is waiting on us," Oliver said as he sprayed his cologne. "Yep, I'm ready.." Paisley said as they both made their way out the door. Oliver shutting it behind them, Amber stood towards the outside front entrance, she was giddy and hugging Oliver with a smile.

"Good morning Ollie!" she hugged him and then kissed his cheek. Paisley crossed her arms as Amber didn't even acknowledge to say good morning to her. "Good morning Amber..." Paisley looked over, Amber had on a white short-sleeved shirt and jean shorts, and her dark black hair was now down to her shoulders. Her blue eyes glanced at Paisley, "Good morning Paisley..." There was a bit of awkwardness between the two. Eventually, the taxi arrived, and they all got inside, Amber still held onto his arm along the whole ride.

Paisley was glad they eventually arrived at the grocery store. Entering inside of the grocery store they grabbed a cart, the automatic doors opened to show every aisle with every food product. Amber followed everywhere that Oliver went, she would laugh at everything he had to say, she would mess with her hair once again, she stared into his eyes constantly, and she would have him reach things for her or pick something up.

Paisley would slowly follow behind, she would look at the other aisles to pass the time the best she could. Paisley looked at the vegetable aisle, she picked up an onion, "I can make onion soup.." she mumbled to herself. Oliver's eyes shifted from Amber to Paisley within a heartbeat. "Onion soup?" he asked curiously. "It is a French dish we would make at our restaurant, it is a recipe dear and special to my great-grandmother which was taught to my grandmother and then to my dad who got the inspiration to develop his restaurant." Oliver was interested in what she had to say, "Onion soup sounds really good, you should make it one day." He smiled. "Oliver, how do you make your coffee so delicious?" Amber says diverting back his attention.

Paisley rolled her eyes as she went back to picking out her ingredients. She added the onion to the cart, the broth, salt and pepper, and some other supplies like dairy, cheese other things they may need. Oliver had added some dough, creamer, sugar, eggs, cake mix, icing, sprinkles, coffee, tea, and more. They eventually made it to the checkout, and Paisley did too. Paisley looked at Oliver directly into the eyes as she carried her bags and he carried his. "Back to the hotel?" she asked curiously.

Oliver nodded in response, he had briefly told Amber that he would meet up with her later. She hugged him before heading off to her hotel which was near the store. Paisley sighed with relief as they took the taxi and then arrived back at the hotel. They entered the suite, Paisley placed the bags on the table and he did the same. "How about you make the onion soup you were talking about?" He asked curiously. "Sure, and how about you make me another macchiato from yesterday?" "Sounds good to me." He smiled making eye contact with her. Paisley smiled back as she prepared to make the onion soup.