Chapter 9

The morning approached and the sun was shining brightly against the windows. Paisley squinted her eyes as she lifted her body from the bed into a sitting-up position. She already knew that Oliver was already up and ready which didn't surprise her. She got out of bed and into the kitchen, she saw Oliver in swim trunks and an open unbuttoned shirt that showed his chest. Paisley yawned as she grabbed a leftover poppyseed muffin that was on the table.

Oliver looked over at her, "Good morning, we are going to the beach!" He says as he grabbed a glazed donut and took a bite. "Why this early in the morning?" She asked curiously. "To get some fresh air..." he says while taking another bite of his donut. "Are you sure that is the only reason..?" Paisley asked curiously while taking another bite of her muffin. "Well... I want to be out before Amber gets here, yesterday she wanted to hang out with me every minute.." He sighs. Paisley nodded in agreement, she finished eating her muffin, "I'll be ready within ten minutes."

Paisley walked towards the bathroom shutting the door behind her, she took a short steamy shower. She then looks in the bathroom mirror as she touches up her fake lashes and then makes her way to the bedroom to her suitcase grabbing a dark blue swimsuit, she puts it on as she goes over to the bedroom mirror and with her brush combs out her long blond hair. After that, she set her brush on the dresser, she then took one final look in the mirror as she sprayed some perfume. She then placed on her flip-flops, she then walked back into the kitchen, "Are you ready to go?" she asked curiously. "Yep let's go," he replied.

The two made it out of the hotel room, and towards the entrance, a taxi took them to the same beach location within twenty minutes. Paisley and Oliver made it to the sandy beach, the once-sunny appearance of the sky had suddenly turned dark and cloudy. Paisley watched as Oliver took off his shirt and his shoes and ran towards the crystal blue water, his dark blue eyes looked at her as he motioned her with his hand to come into the water. Paisley took off her shoes and walked near the shoreline of the water, she shook her head, "I'm not going into the water." Oliver reached out his hand, "Paisley trust me it isn't as bad as you think, I got you, you have to face your fears."

Oliver stood with his tall stance and his hand still out, Paisley looked at her other surroundings she watched as children played and splashed in the water, and parents would go along with them, everyone seemed to be having a good time. She slowly grabbed his hand as the water sloshed back and forth. She gripped tighter as the water was cold to the touch. "You'll get used to it in a couple of minutes," Oliver reassured her. Paisley took a deep breath, closing her eyes as her whole body was eventually in the water. She opened her eyes back up to see Oliver looking down at her holding her hand.

Paisley looked him quickly up and down, as she noticed some inked tattoos on his body that she hadn't noticed before, her brown eyes looked at the black inked rose on his shoulder. "Does the rose signify your mother?" She asked curiously as it had caught her attention. He nods, "It does, me and my mom have a close bond and since her name is Rosa as soon as I was 18 years old I got my shoulder inked as a rose for her because of our close bond." Paisley smiled to herself after hearing the reason for his tattoos he would go into detail for each tattoo each with a different meaning and story behind it.

Paisley kept smiling and as he stood smiling back. "That is really sweet and so meaningful that you have the rose tattoo for your mother, speaking of your mother how is she?" Oliver then began to speak, "She isn't doing too well, she may be coming down with a cold she says she has signs of a fever, a cough, symptoms of fatigue, shortness of breath, and many other things I'm worried about her." He sighs. Paisley placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry to hear that Oliver, I hope she gets well soon!" Oliver looks back at her, "Thank you, and somehow she is still managing the cafe, my mother never lets anything stand in her way even when she isn't feeling the greatest."

"Her mother is a strong woman." Paisley then suddenly felt the water droplets hitting her face, and then multiple droplets of water hit the crystal blue water in a quick motion. She saw some people run out of the water, others didn't mind and would carry on being in the water and Paisley and Oliver were one of those people who didn't mind. Oliver once gelled hair had become ruffled,  "I'm surprised it rained this quickly." He wipes some of the rain droplets from his eyes and the rest of his face. "Me too, but it was much needed for a hot day like it was today." she wiped her face as well with her hand.

Oliver ran his hands through his hair, Paisley started to shiver a little bit, Oliver held her hand as he led her out of the ocean. He then let go of it, and she walked over to him. He handed her his unbuttoned shirt. She placed the shirt over her as it provided her the little bit of warmth she needed. Oliver then called for a taxi to pick them up, Paisley began to have a slight cough from the heavy rain. "Are you okay, Paisley?" He asked. "I'm okay I just-" she paused as she had to cough again. "Don't do well in cold temperatures I can develop a cough easily.." she reassured him that she was going to be okay and that she gets these often due to the weather.

Paisley changed the subject, "I've always wanted a tattoo but never knew what to get." Oliver then smiled, " You'll know it takes time." The taxi eventually arrived and they got in then the ride back took twenty minutes. They finally made it inside the hotel to their room. "I'm going to make you some tea." Paisley nodded at him as she changed her clothes into comfy black silky pajamas in the bedroom. She walked over to the kitchen to him as he handed her a cup of hot chamomile tea. She thanked him as she took a sip, the tea soothed through her sore throat to the rest of her body.

"Thank you Oliver this tea is really good." She smiled taking another sip. "You're welcome, you should rest." Oliver suggested. She walked over to the bedroom getting into the bed. Oliver got changed into his casual pajamas and then ordered pizza that was delivered to the room. He got her two slices and himself two slices of bacon pizza. Paisley eyes lit up and her mouth watered as she saw the delicious pizza on the plate. She took a bite, and as she savored every bite, Oliver got into the bed and turned on the TV.

They both enjoyed their night lying under the covers and eating pizza and Paisley drinking her tea. The moment was interrupted by a phone call coming from Amber who then texted him a couple of times. Oliver would glance over at his phone messaging her back.