7

The chocolate room! From the grassy hills to the candy trees and plants to the iconic chocolate waterfall, it was like a fever dream come true.

"Now, do be careful, my dear children. Don't lose your heads. Don't get overexcited. Just keep very calm," he warned. Augustus was so entranced that he dropped his chocolate bar, while Violet opted to continue chewing instead.

"It is beautiful!" I exclaimed, gazing ahead in awe.

Mr. Wonka turned his head toward me and said, "What? Oh, yeah, it's very nice," with a nonchalant tone.

Mr. Wonka continued to lead us through the factory, and we followed closely behind him. I held on to Miss Mitchell's hand, not wanting to lose myself in the factory.

"Every drop of the river is hot, melted chocolate of the finest quality," he elaborated. We walked along the bridge in the center of the room, facing the waterfall.

He added, "The waterfall is most important. It mixes the chocolate, churns it up, and makes it light and frothy."

"And, by the way, no other factory in the world mixes its chocolate by waterfall, my dear children. And you can take that to the bank!" Mr. Wonka exclaimed with pride.

As we continued to follow him, Mr. Wonka suddenly noticed something and called our attention to it. We turned our heads to see what he was pointing at.

"People," Mr. Wonka continued, "those pipes suck up the chocolate and carry it away all over the factory. Thousands of gallons an hour. Yeah!"

He then showed the grassy area. "And do you like my meadow? Try some of my grass. Please have a blade. Please do. It's so delectable and so darn good-looking!" he said.

"You can eat the grass?" I asked.

"Of course you can. Everything in this room is eatable. Even I'm eatable! But that is called cannibalism, my dear children. And is, in fact, frowned upon in most societies. Yeah!" he grinned again, offering a touch of dark humor.

Mr. Wonka granted us the opportunity to explore the room and indulge our senses. "Enjoy!" he encouraged.

"Go on! Scoot, scoot!" Mr. Wonka urged, and everyone eagerly dispersed. Augustus, driven by his gluttony, was the first to venture away from the group.

"Come on, (Y/N). We haven't got all day!" Miss Mitchell said excitedly. I assured her that I would catch up shortly, and she continued on her own.

Mr. Wonka noticed me standing still and walked over to me. "So, what are you going to do? Don't you want to explore like the others?" he asked.

I shared my feelings with him, saying, "Oh well, it's so overwhelming, Mr. Wonka. All my life, I didn't eat candy as much as other kids. I only get a few on my birthday every year." I sighed, a hint of wistfulness in my voice.

Mr. Wonka listened to me and then asked again, "Oh, wow. It must've been hard for you to live in an orphanage, hasn't it?"

I mustered a small smile and replied, "Oh, it's not that bad! We're just living the good life, that's all."

Mr. Wonka chuckled at my response and added, "Just call me Willy next time. Calling me 'Mr.' or 'Sir' makes me old!" I chuckled at his response.

As we continued to talk about the wonders of the room, Miss Mitchell returned with two candy apples. We ate together, savoring the flavor.

Amid our enjoyment, Veruca suddenly called out to her father, "Daddy, look over there!" She pointed to a small figure in the distance who appeared to be working near the grass.