12. Detention

Hidden Citizens - Nothing is as it seems

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched as the other schools came into the Great Hall. The Beauxbatons and the Durmstrang students. Everyone was older.

"Look!" I heard Pansy say. "It's Viktor Krum."

"Who?" Millicent said."

"You don't know him? He is one of the best Quidditch players in the world. Isn't he hot?" Pansy said.

"Yeah, maybe." Millicent said.

I tried not to look at Pansy. I had no idea she could like anyone else than Draco. Pansy watched him with her eyes wide opened. "Oh my. He looked at me. Did you see?"

I exchanged a glance with Freya. If Pansy likes Krum, I might have a better chance with Draco. I thought about him holding my hand an my whole body got warm. I looked towards Draco who was sitting a bit away. He had his eyes on the girls from Beauxbatons. Of course.

After lunch and the introduction, we were free again. Freya, Imogen and Delilah stood up and immediately started walking away, not even waiting for me. I felt disappointed, had they already made up their minds about me? Well, at least I tried...

"Hi." Pansy came walking towards me. "How did it go?"

"Eh, just got a warning." I said, not wanting to tell her about detention.

"Lucky you. My parents would have killed me if they knew about me going to headmasters office. What about yours? Will they know? Are you worried about that?"

"Nah, my parents are pretty chill." I lied.

"Ugh. Of course I'm the only one with strict parents around here." Pansy said. "So what did Dumbledore say?"

"Just something along the lines that it's pretty common."

"Hm... Well I think you were so brave standing up to Draco. You know, following him to the Hospital Wing and all. I would totally do that to if I were there."

"Thanks... I guess." I said and blushed a bit.

"So what are you up to now? Wanna go to Hogsmeade with me?"

"Uh..."

"Come on! We can drink some butterbeer and try out some new clothes maybe. Whatcha think?" Pansy looked at me with her puppy eyes.

"Uh sure." I said.

"Great." Pansy hooked her arm around mine and started walking. And I followed.

~~~

In the evening I was already tired and I hadn't even had detention yet. I was almost looking forward to it, but only because of Draco. I thought about Pansy this afternoon. She was much different than I thought. It felt nice to try on clothes with her. She gave me some nice advice and jumped with excitement when I tried out a new skirt. I wasn't sure if I trusted her yet. But at least it was better than her picking on me.

I was going to meet up the others near the Bell tower. I haven't seen Draco since lunch so I was a bit shocked that he looked pissed when I saw him.

"Hey." I said and stood next to him. Harry and Ron was already there and we were just waiting for Filch.

Draco didn't respond and I felt uncomfortable but right then Filch arrived.

"Bad little children." He sneered. But you could see that he enjoyed this. We all started to walk. "It's not even one week and you already have detention. Oh I heard the stories about the four of you.. casting spells like you wanna hurt each other. Oh now you'll get punished, sadly not with chains.. yeah those were good old times when we could chain the children and punish them."