14. friENDs

Fort Minor - Believe Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next couple of days passed by quickly. It became clear that my friends didn't dare to make Pansy do something for them. They asked her with some help with assignments but they realized pretty quick that they knew better than she did.

I started to feel like I preferred Pansy over them anyway, Imogen was complaining all the time about how annoying Pansy was and they always talked shit about her back. I wanted to defend her, but at the same time I knew how much shit Pansy put us through before so I didn't say much.

I had been visiting the library sometimes when I was alone. I had looked around in books after visions or dreams but nothing I read about was even close to what I had experienced. I found a book about how to know if it was real or just a dream but nothing out of those made sense.

I even asked Professor Trelawney about it, without mentioning it happened to me of course, but she started to talk about prophecies and reading the future and I felt like that wasn't same. So I gave up with her.

Today I was at the library again, trying to find something about the words I heard, Memento Mori, but right then I saw Pansy coming towards me. She looked happy.

"Heya girlfriend!" She said and hugged me.

"Heya." I hugged her back, she smelled good.

"What are you doing here?" Pansy asked.

"Just looking around for a book."

"But this is the section with other languages."

"Maybe I can speak another language." I joked.

"Really?"

"Nah." I smiled. "I heard a phrase... during my class with Professor Trelawney." I played the safe card because it was the only class were none of the other Slytherins were in, except Freya and Tracey, but they weren't hanging out with Pansy anyway. "Memento Mori... you heard about that? I wanted to know what it meant."

"Memento Mori?" Pansy asked. "Sounds French. Why do you wanna know about it anyway?"

"I don't know." I said.

"Never mind that now, I wanted to ask you something." Pansy said.

"Go ahead." I said nervously.

"It's about Draco Malfoy." Pansy said calmly.

My body got tense and my heart started to be faster.

"Okay?" I said carefully.

"I've noticed you like him."

My cheeks were burning, why did I have to be so obvious all the time?

"Okay." I answered.

"I get it. He is handsome."

"Do you like him?" I asked.

"I thought I did." Pansy said and sighted. "He might seem so charming and all but... I don't know."

"But..." I said confused. Didn't Pansy have a huge crush on him? "Why not?"

"Why, do you want me to like him?" Pansy said.

"No... or I don't know." I said nervously.

"Eh... It's just... I think I like Viktor Krum." She whispered. "He's so much more mature and he's famous too."

"Oh, okay." I didn't know what to say. I never talked about my feelings about Draco with anyone before.

"But back to Draco. How long have you liked him?"