13. Enemies to Friends

Darren Styles, Jelle Van Dael - Need To Feel Loved

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did you see him?" I shouted.

"You need to be quiet." Draco hushed. "What's going on?"

I quickly got up on my legs. "He can't have gone far. He was just here."

"Who?" Draco stood up and looked around confused.

"Are you sure you didn't see him? The guy with brown hair and red robe?" I said and looked behind a tree.

"You're joking, right?" Draco said.

"No... wait why are you here?"

"I saw your signal but who did you see? You talked to yourself."

"No I was talking to that man."

"There was no one here." Draco explained. "I was in front of you. Your were completely gone, like you were possessed. I thought something had attacked you."

"Nothing attacked me." I said. "I was talking to someone."

We stared at each other. Draco looked seriously concerned.

"I'm sorry what I said." He said. "I didn't mean it, I was just stressed."

"Sure." I said.

"No I am. I got worried when I couldn't find you and now I feel concerned. You asked who I was and why you were in danger. But while you said it you're eyes were fixated on something else and not me. Are you sure you weren't dreaming?"

"That was not a dream. A stranger told me that I need to wake up and then he whispered: Memento Mori to me. Do you know what that means?"

"No." Draco said.

"Me neither. But I'm gonna find out when I get back to the castle."

"If we get back to the castle." Draco looked around.

"Of course we will. Someone must have seen my signal."

"Let's just wait here then." Draco said and sat down at the tree and I sat down beside him. It felt awkward.

"I can't believe you called me pathetic." I said. "After what I told you before."

"I don't know what came over me. I guess I didn't like them calling you my bodyguard. I don't need one."

"Do I really feel like one? If so, tell me and I'll make sure to stay out of your way."

"No, of course not." Draco said and looked me in the eyes. "I think you're pretty cool."

My heart beated faster, at first I thought he called me pretty.

"How come?" I asked.

"I know no other girl that would start a fight just to protect me. I mean Pansy would never cast the first spell. She's too smart to do that... Not that you're not smart but... you know what I mean..."

I had to smile a little.

"Stop smiling." He pulled some grass and threw at me.

"Hey!" I said and brushed it of but continued to smile. "Not cool."

"But back to your... dream, vision, what ever it was. You sure you didn't recognize him at all? Did he tell you his name?"

"Nope." I said. "But there was something familiar about him... something with his eyes."

"How old was he?"

"I dunno, 35 or 40 maybe?"

"Strange..." We sat in silence for a bit.