Chapter 5

We start to walk back to the car when my dad's radio starts to crackle.

"O-Owen." Barry calls out.

"Ya Barry. What's up."

"It's Hoskins he's going to use..." Then it trails off but we have enough information.

"That son of a bitch." My dad spits and then turns to Claire, "Get the kids inside and somewhere safe."

A loud boom draws our attention towards the door that blocks the public from entering this area. The door shakes violently as if many people are pushing against it. The loud noise happens several times before the doors burst open. A flood of people rush into the corridor along with the pterodactyls. The others start running towards the car leaving me behind. Once I realize what they're doing its to late. I don't have time to get to the car before it's trampled by people. My dad yells for me to run. I signal for him to start going which he does reluctantly. I run as fast as I can towards the car. It's going backwards so I can land on the hood. Boxes are stacked against the wall. From inspection I can tell they are sturdy and would hold my weight. The crowd of people is decreasing the space between us with every second. I cut across to the boxes that are stacked perfectly to climb. I rush along the top gaining enough speed to jump. My foot pushes off the last box and I'm in free fall. If I don't make it I'll land on a few people. The hard surface of the hood makes contact with my feet which buckle under the force. Very ungracefully I sit on the hood and shoot a few pterodactyls. The car backs into an alley and my dad honks the horn at me. When I look at him he looks furious.

"Get in!" The muffled scream is easily heard outside the car.

I slide off the hood and go the back with Gray and Zach. Both of whom look at me awestruck. My dad however, looks like he is going to blow a gasket any second now.

"Wha-"

I cut him off quickly, "I know dad. What I did was stupid and I'm sorry. I'll never do something that reckless ever again."

"But you will! You do it every morning with those animals! You put yourself in dangerous situations every day! And I'm sick of it!"

My blood starts to boil. "Do you ever wonder where I get it from! Cause it wasn't mom, dad! You raised me and you alone! I just do what I think is right!"

His eyes soften and he reaches back and rests his hand on my knee. "I know sweetheart I just worry about you. You're all I've got."

I smile lightly and hug him. "You're all I have to dad. Except for Blue, Delta, Charlie, and Echo."

He chuckles. "I wouldn't even have them without you."

"Speaking of which we need to go beat the shit out of Hoskins."

"Fuck ya." We both laugh and he drives off towards the raptor paddock.

Once there we tell Claire, Zach, and Gray to stay in the car. Dad gets out to confront Hoskins while I go to the raptors. The crunch of Hoskins' nose is like music to my ears. Nobody messes with my raptors.