Chapter 6

I run towards the holding paddock. Men in black suits and weapons crowd the raptors. Each raptor is in their individual head stall. These hold the raptors in a position that allows anyone to come close because the raptors can't move or bite. We use it for when they are sick or need vaccines. Blue jerks violently due to the weapons the men hold. To them it's a threat just like it is to a human. She's going to hurt herself if she keeps jerking like that. I reach the door and push the button that allows me in. The men look at me as if I'm crazy.

"Everyone out!" I yell. I left my weapons outside so all I have is hand in hand combat skills.

They don't listen to me and go back to terrorizing my raptors. I walk up to the man next to Blue and grab him by the collar. Dragging him out the door I notice Zach and Gray on the other side of the fence. I throw him outside and turn towards the others.

"I said everybody out!" With that everyone walks out. Dad walks up and smiles.

"That's my girl."

"Whoa! Are those velociraptors?" Gray looks at them in amazement.

"That they are kid. These are Echo, Charlie, Delta, and Blue the Beta." I point to each one.

"Who's the Alpha?"

"You're looking at him kid." My dad smirks.

I laugh at him. "Oh please. You are so not the Alpha. They like me way more."

"Because you grew up with them. I'm the Alpha and you're the Alpha Female."

I shrug and look at them. They truly are the closest thing I have to siblings. I look up at Barry who's standing on the second floor near the controls. "Let's calm them down. Let Blue out first."

I glance at my dad who is looking pretty nervous. He knows I visit them every morning but he has never had to watch it. Suddenly all four stalls fly open freeing four very pissed off raptors. My hands fly out into a protective stance signaling I am in charge and mean no harm. They hiss at me.

"Barry! I said Blue not all four!"

"I'm sorry! I thought I hit Blue but it released all of them."

I ignore him and set my eyes on Blue all the paying attention to the other three.

"Alright everyone calm down." Blue roars at me, "Blue, don't give me that shit." I scold her earning a hiss.

Green flashes in the corner of my eye. "Charlie." I look over at him, "I see you, now back up."

He does as I say and goes with the others. My eyes lock with Blue's. The glint in her eyes tell me she wants to attack but the longer I stare at her the more she looks like that little baby I watched hatch out of her shell. Innocent and loving. That's when I know Blue is back.

"Hello Blue." I smile as she runs toward me. She stops right in front of me and lets out a small whimper noise. I reach up and cup her snout. "Hey girl, it's alright. I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you."