Ghost in the Attic

((Halloween Oneshot requested by: HappyDorkyNerd))

Narrator P.O.V.

   "Is this center?" Pucca asked Garu hanging a Halloween sign out in his front lawn.

   "Uh..." Garu tilted it a bit to the left. "Now it is." He continued to drag a wheelbarrow full of pumpkins up his pathway.

   "You think have the pumpkins go down both sides of the path?" Pucca asked grabbing one off his wheelbarrow.

   "Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Put the ground lights in between them." He said.

   "I'm going in the house, do you need anything?" Pucca asked.

   "No." He said taking pumpkins and setting them on the grass.

   Pucca ran in the house to check on the Halloween cookies she was making. They still weren't done so she closed the oven and washed her hands. When drying her hands she heard two footsteps up in the attic. She looked at the ceiling as someone walked from one side to the other with her eyes wide.

   "BABE!" Pucca ran outside.

   "What's wrong?" Garu grabbed her as she shook hin frantic.

   "Someone's in the attic. Someone is walking around up there." She said worried.

   "Relax, I'll climb up there and look." He said and kissed her forehead. "Wait here."

   Garu grabbed his sword and slowly climbed up the stairs. Pucca watched him from the doorway. Garu opened the hatch and popped up looking around. Then he went up there fully and Pucca waited.

   "Honey?" She asked and went to the ladder. "Garu?" She whispered.

   "Boo!" Garu popped his head in the opening.

   Pucca screamed. "Garu!" She stomped. "There was someone up there!"

   "Maybe a raccoon got in." He said stepping down the ladder.

   "No babe they were heavy footsteps." She said, her arms crossed. She backed away as he closed the hatch.

   "Relax." He said. "Why would someone be up there? It is just boxes."

   "Maybe a homeless person is living up there." Pucca guessed.

   "Now you're writing stories in your head." Garu said and they smiled. "Let's just focus on the Halloween party." He went to kiss her.

   "MY COOKIES!" Pucca yelped and went to the oven. "Oh shoot..."

   "I'm sorry Pucca." He said looking at the burnt cookies. "Should I go buy some?"

   "No..." She said and looked at him.

   "It's okay. We don't need cookies." He said.

   "I know." She said and threw them away. "Let's finish decorating." She responded, still sad about the cookies.

   "Okay." He said and wrapped his arm around her, dipping her down and kissing her. "Better?"

   "Yes." She smiled blushing. "I am now hehe."

   The pair finished setting up for their first Halloween party living together. They invited all their friends and Pucca's uncles. Pucca was dressed up like a clown girl, her best friend Ching came dressed as an angel, while her boyfriend Abyo came dressed as a devil.

   "You guys are so cute!" Pucca smiled. "I didn't even think of dressing up with Garu."

   "I think the costumes suit us." Ching giggled.