𝐈. 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀 𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄

𝐋ife was pretty calm and solitude as a seamstress - most of your day was sewing and tailoring gowns to sell off to young maidens, which kept you more than stable in terms of finances. The Venust residents loved the concept of beauty, and who else would embellish the town with such fancy dresses? Definitely not the guards, I could tell you that. It was pretty boring though, a change might be needed, or maybe a new journey? Just to take a break from all the work and repetitive lifestyle you have. 

Unfortunately, it was the midst of summer, and the workload may be even more this time around, since many people love wandering outside during the heat. You open the windows to allow a cool, soothing breeze flow by whilst finishing the last dress of the evening, taking time to sew in individual pearls on the neckline and adding lace wherever necessary. Honestly speaking, you felt a little jealous of the person who ordered it because it came out stunning! The light pink silks with pearls and lace and hem arranged to sinch at the waist and define the neckline truly caught your attention. Moreover, the stitched patterns of faint pink flowers were mesmerising to gaze at. I wish this pretty thing was mine.

You take a deep breath after adding the last finishing details, and lining the dress on a rack before taking your keys and purse from the desk, making sure to tie your hair with a bow and putting on some comfortable shoes. You had to quickly buy some groceries from the market, and maybe even buy a flower, or two? Definitely shouldn't get carried away but... how can you not? Pretty things should always deserve a loving home! 

After strolling through the streets, taking in the fresh air and stretching your legs, you finally arrive at the bustling marketplace. You could hear street sellers advertising their bountiful crops, merchants persuading a handful of passer-by's to purchase jewellery from all over the universe, and a large amount of fabrics on display with the trader cutting yards upon yards for many interested buyers.

It was colourful, lively, and also a little loud. Maybe a bit too loud for your comfort but still nice nonetheless. The stalls were all shaded by pillars holding up flat roofs, all made of brick painted in limestone wash. Some stalls here and there stuck advertisements and prices on the pillars, whilst others decorated them or were chipped at the edges. Under the roof, there were tables aligned with an array of items, and a trader sitting idly, waiting for a keen buyer. Behind them were usually piles of boxes filled with goods to restock the next day or in the evening. 

The place was obviously busy but you managed to find your way through the flowing scene to the produce section of the market, peering over the assortments of food. One stall really caught your attention, the fruit stall. Just in time, actually. Mangos and cherries were usually in season by now, so you may as well buy some while you can. You buy a few mangos and a bag of cherries, waiting for the owner to hand you some change when all of a sudden, you felt someone bump into you and end up on the floor.

"Ah...Pardon me, miss."

A low voice apologised. You get up from your knees and turn around, a handsome, fair man with luscious red locks smiles and uses his handkerchief to wipe off any dirt from your face and knees.

"Ah! It's okay, please, don't worry." You smile back, assuring him everything was alright. To be honest, you couldn't help but think how attractive this man was instead of him bumping into you. 

"No, no. I was careless to nudge such a beautiful girl, I should have used my eyes." a small chuckle escaped his mouth.

"Ehem," the seller mustered up a chesty cough, "Miss, here's your change. Have a good day!"

You take back the change and move to the side, with the man following you to strike up a conversation, still seeming apologetic about earlier.

"Please, tell me, what is your name?"

Smiling, you reply, "I am Idrila."

"Idrila..?" the man bites his lip subtly, still gleaming in expression, "What a gorgeous name."

╭────────────────────────────────╯. . . ╮

╰─────────────────╮🥀╰───────────────╯

1.11.23